The Importance of Saving Water
Water is more than just water; the existence of whole universe is dependent on water. That’s why we called water is life. The primary reason is that every living element on Earth is consisting of approximately 65% to 70% of water in their body. Anyone can’t think of life without water whether it is Plants, Animals, Humans, and other living things. Water is the most important resource. We require water for drinking, making foods, for cleaning our body & other household items, for constructions, paints etc.
In spite of having 70% of water on earth but only 1% of water is fresh & useable and other 97% of water is salty, 2% of water is in form of ice in the glaciers & icebergs.
Nowadays, human beings are destroying the environment by wasting this 1% of clean water by various ways i.e.
- excessive use of required water,
- throwing garbage into water bodies,
- careless use of water in their various household works etc.
The more waste of water is the more we are consuming our natural resources like fossil fuels for generating electricity which requires for making clean water.
Following are the main benefits of saving water:
- Less use of natural resources like Fossil fuels for making of fresh water.
- The more water we save, it will be use by the plants & animals. This helps to maintain balance the ecology.
- We should save water to avoid drought in the coming future.
- We should save water for its use in agriculture.
- We should save water for our future generations as one day it will be unavailable due to it is limited.
Last but not the least, we all should pledge that we must save water to save our earth.