Water is the most precious gift of nature. It has no taste, no smell and no colour. It is found everywhere and the other name of it is life because it is the basis of fluid element of living organisms.
We find water in tanks, ponds, wells, rivers, rains, and springs. Almost three-fourth of the earth is water. We should save water by keeping safe the water resources, preventing its wasteful overuse, and conserving or protecting the water environment from any harm.
Benefits of Water
Without water nothing can live. Both animals and plants need water to live. It is the source of all life on earth.
- Water is essential for most domestic purposes. We drink water, cook in water, bathe in water and wash in water. We use water to clean our clothes, utensils, floors, etc.
- The farmers need water for growing crops and plants.
- Further, industrial processes consume massive quantity of water. It is also used in generating hydro-electricity.
Why we should Save Water?
We should save water on account of following reasons:
- To ensure adequate supply of water for our future generation.
- Though a large quantity of water can be recycled, but it consumes large amount of power, energy and money.
- Clean water in lakes, oceans, rivers ensures healthy life of water animals.
- Millions of people around the world are still deprived of clean and safe drinking water.
How to Save Water?
- Stop the misuse of water.
- Manage the usage of water properly.
- Stop discharging pollutants without proper treatment.
- Take efforts in maintaining the quality of water.
- Stop wastage of water in our toilet.
- Promote rain-water harvesting and irrigation projects.
Last update: 06.05.2018