Newspaper – Short Essay 1
Newspapers mark the beginning of the day for many of us. They are a cheap source of information and many of us read them on a regular basis. A newspaper is a collection of folded papers that carry news about events on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis.
Newspapers can also been seen as an organisation that is in the publishing business and media industry. They are strong modes of communication that carry an authenticity and credibility to them.
Newspapers are a very cost effective tool to keep ourselves updated about the happenings in various spheres of society on a daily basis. There are numerous benefits associated with reading newspapers on a regular basis for various age groups. We can develop our general knowledge as well as the language and vocabulary. Apart from being informative, they are also entertaining with various niches such as fashion and lifestyle.
The society derives benefits from the use of newspapers. They are modes of communication that have a very powerful appeal. This is derived from the wide circulation and mass audience that they have. Millions of people read newspapers on a daily basis and information can be conveyed to many people in a cost effective manner. The programmes of the government and their implications are informed to people through newspapers, making them the watchdogs of democracy.
The health of the society is dependent on the freedom of press. It helps to channelize public opinion. We may view them as one way communication; but they are actually mutually communicative platforms. The opinion columns are areas that enable us to express our views and opinions. It also has the ability to shape our opinion. The nature of the information that is published in newspapers has a huge influence on the views of people.
Newspapers also come with a credibility associated with them. In a world of fake news where online sources are fighting to establish their credibility, newspapers come with verification and authenticity. They have reputation and expertise in the media industry that they are able to earn the faith of the people. Newspapers have an important social role in maintaining morale and harmony in society.
By Swetha (2019)
Newspaper – Short Essay 2.
Newspapers have been one of the oldest forms of communication since times immemorial. They are considered to be a quick and reliable way of disseminating information from one place to another.
Newspapers are usually a daily publication. Sometimes there are multiple editions in a day.
Newspapers can definitely be regarded as a powerful means to express your views and opinions by way of a news item or articles on subjects that matter.
Newspapers are still the most widely preferred form of getting in touch with what’s happening around the world, despite digitalization spreading to all parts of the world.
Importance of Newspaper
Let’s check out the importance of reading newspapers on a daily basis!
- Daily reading a good newspaper is an efficient way of keeping in touch with the current affairs locally or worldwide. You get acquainted with the happenings in the world, whether it is about politics, sports, finance, headlines, etc.
- Newspapers cater to a large part of the audience, having something of interest for most people. News about politics, Economy, Industry, Finance, Society, Spirituality and many more are already covered in the multiple pages and sections of the newspaper. There is also usually a section for children having fun and entertainment.
- Newspapers are, even now, a major source of public announcements, such as births, deaths, engagements or even commercial announcements such as the release of a tender.
- Reading newspapers helps you in improving your vocabulary.
- It helps in enhancing your general knowledge so that you never have to feel out-of-depth in any conversation ever again.
- You also become more self-aware when you read newspapers because you realize your own opinions and views on topics and whether or not your point of view aligns with that of the news item.
- You get to see the perspective of a wide range of people, and it helps you make an informed decision about the subject.
- Reading newspapers is a popular breakfast time activity in most households.
- Apart from the news, there is a lot of information that is contained between the pages of a newspaper. The stock prices, weather, Astrological numbers, calculations and plenty of advertisements related to matrimony, real estate, and jobs can be easily looked up.
Newspapers are still a source of a well updated general knowledge in a home. Therefore, everyone must inculcate the habit of reading newspapers in their lives.
Last Updated: June 20, 2019.