History – Essay 1.
History can be defined as a description or account details of the past as it is written or said pass down to generation by generation. The name was coined from Greek word historia meaning inquiry.
The study of history is a broad one and it has been described as part of humanities and social science. Historian record things of the past in writing or oral form pass down to the later generation.
Some things need to be considered for a historical fact. They are date, location, author, analysis, integrity, and credibility.
Types of history
- Ancient history: This is a study of human from the beginning to the early middle ages.
- Atlantic history: This is the study of people living or near the Atlantic Ocean.
- Art history: It is the story of change in Art.
- Comparative history: This is the analysis of both social and cultural entities and national boundaries
- Contemporary history: This is the study of the present life or recent historical happenings.
- Counterfactual history: This is the study of historical fact as it happens in different circumstances.
- Cultural history: This is the study of history about a culture of the past.
- Digital history: This is the use of computer technology for research purposes.
- Economic history: This is the use of economic research
- Intellectual history: This is the use of ideas in a culture of the past and their evolution with time.
- Maritime history: This is the study of maritime study.
- Modern history: This is the study of life after the Middle age, it is the study of the present world.
- Military history: It is the study of warfare of the past.
- Paleography: This is the study of the ancient texts.
- People’s history: This is the history of people of the past. Especially their work.
- Political history: This is the study of politics in the past.
- Psychohistory: This is the study of psychological motivations of the ancient historical time.
- Pseudohistory: This is the story of the ancient time that’s beyond mainstream history.
- Social history: This is the study of the evolution of social change with time.
- World history: This is the study of world
History is the record of the past events for research purposes and for learning from it.
By Ananda (2019)
Importance of History – Essay 2.
The importance of History is immense. We can bifurcate its important aspects of this essay into the following paragraphs.
History as Chronicle of Facts: The modern historian prides himself on being a recorder of attested and verified facts. He dives into all ancient records and he studies these with a scientific mind and tries to convey to the reader the fact as it most probably was.
A Guide: History serves as a guide, an example and a warning. Out of the pages of history we may gather practical wisdom by applying the lessons of the past to the problems of the present. History confers on the young the wisdom of age without the burden of years. It is thus the pleasantest school for acquiring wisdom.
Practical Wisdom: Study of history equips us with wisdom in practical affairs. We can look deep into the past and certainly our vision becomes clearer, and our insight more penetrating.
Form practical Opinions: In a democratic age, when the duty of forming clear opinions on practical and social problems devolves on all of us, the study of history should be regarded as imperative. For the today is only a projection of the yesterdays, and a passage to the unborn future.
Trend of Events: Thus history gives us a truer understanding of the trend of events, and so makes us better citizens.
By Pawan Srivastav (2013)