Importance of Girls’ Education – Essay 1.
Education is an important tool which equips you to take well informed and meaningful decisions. Since girls form roughly half the population, the importance of girls’ education can hardly be stressed enough.
Independence: Educated girls do not have to depend on anyone if they are capable of earning their own livelihood and raising their family.
Development: One of the determinants of human development is education. If girls are educated along with boys, it makes development even more meaningful.
Society: A society that confers the same values and status to girls and boys equally is a more mature and superior society. Educated girls grow up be responsible citizens and leaders for the society.
Family: A family where girls are educated believe in empowering the girls and raising strong citizens. Such families become the building blocks of a strong society.
Soft Skills: Girls can bring a different point of view and in a class girls add a wholesome perspective to any topic. Since girls are stronger in soft skills, they bring values of fairness and empathy to any workplace and make it more varied and complex, more complete.
Labour force: Economy wise educated girls are likely to join the labour force with a good skill level, increasing the income for the family and for the economy
Conclusion: Girls’ education is the way to achieve real development in the developing world as is proven by the developed world.
Importance of Girls’ Education – Essay 2.
Girl’s education refers to the provision of the girl child in society to access education and the educational facilities she requires without any discrimination against them.
Importance of Girl’s education
- Girl’s education puts them in a good position to chase after their dreams and therefore live fulfilled lives having achieved their dreams.
- It is also a means to achieve gender equality as the same courtesy is extended to the boy child in society.
- It helps them become responsible and influential members of society as they are able to take leadership positions.
- When the girl child in society is educated, they are able to make informed decisions about their lives.
- It puts them as a bar set for bench-marking for the coming generations in terms of achievements and milestones they make in life.
- When the girl child is educated, they are able to come back and help their families and other girls when they make it in life.
Girl’s education plays a very crucial role in the life of young girls in society who want a fair shot at chasing their dreams with a view of taking their rightful places in society when opportunity presents.
Importance of Girls’ Education – Essay 3.
Girls’ Education is an aspect that has been emphasized in our society and across the globe for several decades. It is a process of developing the knowledge and skills of the girl children and women in the society. This includes educating them through regular schooling system so that they acquire basic literacy but also includes development of skills and knowledge of girl children to make them more employable in the future. This emphasized to promote gender equality and harmony around us. The benefits of this would be immense.
- Encourage gender equality: Educating girl children will promote equality between males and females in the society.
- Improve financial position of women: Educated girls will in future seek employment which in turn improves their financial position.
- Increase employability: improves the chances of women engaging in gainful employment.
- Gender parity in pay: Often the lack of skills is cited for the gender differences in pay but by educating the girl child equally as the boy child would ensure parity in pay.
- Attack poverty: This is higher incidence of poverty among women and women headed households and education can help fight poverty.
- Management of resources: Women generally take up the position of management of household resources and educating girls would ensure efficient allocation and use of resources within the households.
- Improving health outcomes for children: Women play an important role in raising children and education would enable them to make better health choices for their children.
- Reduced incidence of illness: Education of girls improves sanitation and health outcomes for them and their families, thereby reducing the incidence of illness.
- Improves decision making: Educated girls are in a position to take better decisions for their future.
- Reduce risk of violence against women: Education along with employment increases the awareness and access to resources for women making them less vulnerable to violence within the household and outside.
- Bring out their talents and develop them: Education and going to school helps girls to identify and develop their talents.
- Comprehensive policy making incorporating female perspectives: Educated women would be able to put forward their issues and perspective in public discourse which in turn would influence policy making.
- Social welfare: It is a just policy that promotes social welfare and ensures social justice in society.
- Economic empowerment: It contributes to the economic prosperity of the nation by including the neglected portion of society into the talent and knowledge pool.
- Undertake a professional career: Educated girls have an increased chance of getting into professional careers.
- Social benefit from improved contribution: It increases social benefit because women will be in a position to contribute better to the society and the family.
Educating a girl child is like planting a seed. It is a long term investment which will continue to provide immense benefits to the society for a very long time in the future. The lack of basic education lies at the heart of gender inequality and girl child education is the first step in the long struggle for women empowerment. The benefits and significance is so exhaustive that the failure to implement it at present would lead to immense losses in the future.
Last updated: July 11, 2019.