Importance of Girls’ Education – Essay 1.
Girl Child’s education is a very important part of her overall success, and if a child doesn’t get a proper education, one cannot determine about her original talent. So, one can organize various educational fairs where girls can study a lot of things and moreover one can take admission in various schools and colleges at a very low rate.
There is several advantage of girls’ education. Grown up educated girls can play an important role in the development of their country. They can share the burden of men in the different walk of life. When girls are well-educated, not forced to marry during childhood, they will be able serve the society as writers, educators, teachers, lawyers, doctors, administrators, politicians, scientists, and much more. They can work at banks, hospitals, government offices and large businesses. They can play an important role during war.
Education is a boon to girls in this age of economic crisis. Gone are the days of plenty and prosperity. Now-a-days it is difficult for the people of the middle class to make both ends meet. After marriage, educated girls can add to the income of their husbands.
Girls’ education is necessary for making the homes a happy place. A man’s life blossom he is blessed with well-educated women as wife and mother. Educated girls can brighten the future of their country by the good upbringing of their children. Education gives a woman freedom of thought. It broadens her outlook and makes her aware of her duties and responsibilities.
Education empower a grown up girl to become economically independent. They will be able to stand up for their rights. Girls have all the rights to get educated. Empowerment of girls and women is necessary to fight against the problem of gender-inequality.
Education of rural girls is equally important. The rural girls are not getting ample opportunity for education. Education of these girls would have positive impact on both economy and society.
There are lots of women and girl child in the country which are uneducated, and that is why people can easily make a fool out of them. If we help those girls and women to get educated in any manner, they will learn new skills, and thus they can get better jobs.
Conclusion: The progress of a country depends on girls’ education. So, girls’ education should be encouraged. Hundreds of woman and child welfare organizations have come forward to promote girl’s education around the world. In India as well, there are a lot of organizations trying to improve the literacy rate of girls in the country.
Importance of Girls’ Education – Essay 2
Girls’ Education is an aspect that has been emphasized in our society and across the globe for several decades. It is a process of developing the knowledge and skills of the girl children and women in the society. This includes educating them through regular schooling system so that they acquire basic literacy but also includes development of skills and knowledge of girl children to make them more employable in the future. This emphasized to promote gender equality and harmony around us. The benefits of this would be immense.
- Encourage gender equality: Educating girl children will promote equality between males and females in the society.
- Improve financial position of women: Educated girls will in future seek employment which in turn improves their financial position.
- Increase employability: improves the chances of women engaging in gainful employment.
- Gender parity in pay: Often the lack of skills is cited for the gender differences in pay but by educating the girl child equally as the boy child would ensure parity in pay.
- Attack poverty: This is higher incidence of poverty among women and women headed households and education can help fight poverty.
- Management of resources: Women generally take up the position of management of household resources and educating girls would ensure efficient allocation and use of resources within the households.
- Improving health outcomes for children: Women play an important role in raising children and education would enable them to make better health choices for their children.
- Reduced incidence of illness: Education of girls improves sanitation and health outcomes for them and their families, thereby reducing the incidence of illness.
- Improves decision making: Educated girls are in a position to take better decisions for their future.
- Reduce risk of violence against women: Education along with employment increases the awareness and access to resources for women making them less vulnerable to violence within the household and outside.
- Bring out their talents and develop them: Education and going to school helps girls to identify and develop their talents.
- Comprehensive policy making incorporating female perspectives: Educated women would be able to put forward their issues and perspective in public discourse which in turn would influence policy making.
- Social welfare: It is a just policy that promotes social welfare and ensures social justice in society.
- Economic empowerment: It contributes to the economic prosperity of the nation by including the neglected portion of society into the talent and knowledge pool.
- Undertake a professional career: Educated girls have an increased chance of getting into professional careers.
- Social benefit from improved contribution: It increases social benefit because women will be in a position to contribute better to the society and the family.
Educating a girl child is like planting a seed. It is a long term investment which will continue to provide immense benefits to the society for a very long time in the future. The lack of basic education lies at the heart of gender inequality and girl child education is the first step in the long struggle for women empowerment. The benefits and significance is so exhaustive that the failure to implement it at present would lead to immense losses in the future.