Planets – Short Essay.
Planets are the celestial bodies found in space. Planets usually revolve around a star or a similar body, and they have a gravitational aura of their own.
It’s a round shape body and orbits around the sun in an elliptical manner. This whole setup is known as the solar system, and on a bigger picture, it’s a Milky Way galaxy.
The gravitational pull is strong enough so that it moves in a spherical shape. It orbits around a star.
Names of Planets:
There are up to nine known planets in the solar system, and names are as under:
- Mercury nearest to the sun
- Venus: It spins slowly in the opposite direction to all the planets.
- Earth: Life is only found on this planet and third planet from the sun.
- Mars nearest to the earth
- Jupiter: biggest planet on our solar system.
- Saturn: It’s a complex system of icy rings. It’s a unique planet in our solar system.
- Uranus: 7th planet from the sun. Its rotation angle is 90 degree.
- Neptune: It’s the most distant planet from Sun and is cold and dark. Supersonic winds are blown there.
Importance of Planets:
Every planet has its own importance. They are a basic feature of the natural solar system. Every planet is orbiting in its specified location from the day this earth was born. They teach us mannerism and punctuality and patience.
Types of Planets
There are two main types of planets.
Terrestrial Planets are have a solid surface, a landmass covering the surface like the Earth. Apart from the Earth, Mercury, Venus, and Mars are also terrestrial.
Other large planets
The larger Planets are swirling globes of gasses. They do not have a solid surface. They do however, have an atmosphere some of them, even very deep ones. These are Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus.
Pluto is considered to be a dwarf planet.
Planets and satellites
Many planets have their own satellites that revolve around them. Earth has the moon, and other planets too have their own satellites, some more than one and Jupiter have twelve moons.
So planets are very important in Astronomical sciences. Everyone should study these interesting things. NASA is continuously researching them and discovering new theories. Planets make up our solar system along with the sun around which they revolve.