School – Essay 1.
A school can be defined as an institution, either privately owned or owned by the government that provides education for students across various age groups.
The main system that is normally implemented in schools which is normally compulsory is the formal system of education.
Schools have a building or more housing classrooms, administration section, a laboratory, a playground and or a gym and often a library. The staff consists of teachers, a headteacher, and the administration apart from the maintenance. Students are the children or the people who come to learn.
Types of Schools:
The types of schools based on levels of education are:
This area is for beginners. Ranging from 3 – 5 years.
This stage is for students that have advanced from kindergarten. It has 5 to 6 stages depending on the system of a country. These types take care of the very basic level of education such as reading writing, basic mathematics and basic concepts of science. The focus is to expose the child to the foundation of education to be able to incorporate the information at the later stages.
This is the next step after primary school. This part is more serious than the rest as students are more exposed to more fields and this is the stage career paths are chosen. It normally comprises of six classes. These schools advance a bit on the languages, science, and mathematics to provide a comprehensive understanding of the concepts related to their world with a gradual introduction to the application of these concepts.
The high school deals with the advanced concepts of basic science, mathematics, and languages to be able to make sense of the real world. By this time many children have figured out their interests and the way to go ahead in the career path.
This phase helps to guide, teach and train students on the path that they’ve chosen to take in their careers. It is a critical aspect.
The school is a very integral part of the formative years of an individual. There are also various types. From the use of institutions to homeschooling, it is one of the most fundamental components of an individual’s personality apart from the family.
By Teamwork (2019)
School – Essay 2.
A school can be defined as an institution that exists to provide learners with a favorable learning environment.
A school is made up of students who acquire education through teachers. Schools are available in most countries and governments have made it compulsory for students to attain some level of schooling for them to increase literacy levels.
Schools have many benefits towards the community and to the country at large. Governments are also making schools affordable to all people in the society.
Concept of schooling
- Schools exist to provide a platform where people can go to acquire educational knowledge that will help them better their lives and help them understand various concepts.
- Schools are used to equip people with basic literacy levels. This especially applies to those the lower levels of schooling where people gain basic knowledge.
- Schools also exist to help people to advance in various aspects of their lives. This may be in career development or to better the skills that they have.
- Schools also exist to help children grow. They are able to pass their younger years in school before they become adults and decide what they want to become in life.
- Schools also exist to form a crucial component of the society. Without a form of schooling the society would be incomplete since it acts as a stage in life that every member of the society has to go through to become better people in life.
Types of schools
- A public school is school that is funded by the government. They usually accept admission for students that live in the district or region where the school is located.
- Private schools are those schools that are not funded by the government. The parents who take their children to these schools pay tuition fees that are used to manage the school. They may be owned by individuals or religious institutions.
- A special needs school is that which is focused on teaching students with special needs. This may include disabled students or those with neurological problems. This school has highly trained teachers and equipments that help in teaching the students.
Importance of schools
- Schools also help in raising the literacy levels in the society. This is especially the case with public schools that are affordable and accessible to majority of the society.
- Schools create job opportunities. There are a lot of teachers employed in schools and other supporting staff who help in running the school. This is beneficial to the society and the country.
- Schools also give students the art of team work. It offers an opportunity where students can come together in their learning activity. They learn to work together in various assignments and projects.
- Schools help in building confidence levels in students. They not only gain knowledge but at times they can be required to make presentations of what they have learnt hence boosting their confidence.
- Schools also create a platform where long lasting relationships can be formed. People can make friends at school who may become useful friends in their later lives.
- Schools also help students to prepare for their later life. They gain skills that may help them to become better persons in life.
- Another importance of a school is that it equips students with leadership traits. This is when there are certain school positions that students can vie for. This helps in grooming future leaders.
- Schools also contribute towards cultural integration. This is where students from different cultural backgrounds come together and socialize.
- In a school, a student can also advance his or her talent. This is through taking part in the extracurricular activities like sports and become members of certain clubs.
- In schools, students also get to learn new things that they did not initially know about. They gain information from their teachers and from other reading materials available in schools.
Schools are an integral component of every society. By enrolling students in schools, the world will be able to solve the problems of illiteracy and unemployment that are rampant in some parts of the world.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of School – Essay 3
A school is an institution that gives any instructions to students who are generally kids to teach them subjects relevant for them. The importance of school can never be highlighted enough as it is the founding stone for knowledge in those who live in a society.
Below are a few points to show how the school is one of the most important institutions possible.
- School is necessary at a pre-elementary level to teach students the basic knowledge that is necessary for their survival in society. This majorly includes tasks such as interacting with others.
- At an elementary level school gains importance as it allows the students to learn the most basic of skills such as core language and mathematical skills which will help them be able to lead regular tasks for the rest of their lives.
- At a higher-level school allows students the chance to learn about all that surrounds them, the world at large and the history and meaning of it all to allow them to become aware citizens of the nations they live in.
- School can also include institutions that impart education with respect to specific skills for a profession and thus they are important to make people competent in their jobs.
- The institutions allow people to interact with their peers and form bonds and connections at both a personal as well as professional level.
- School allows people not only to learn from the formal system established there but also from their peers and seniors.
- The institution promotes not just skill but life lessons as well on what and how the students should act and behave in various situations.
- School allows the students exposure to the many facets of life wherein they experience all kinds of people and situations and learn by themselves or with the help of others how to handle the same.
- School give the students the confidence that comes from multiple interactions, assignments and tasks. The students learn the art and science of believing in themselves and in group tasks and team work.
- Socializing skills are paramount in the social living of any person and school allow people to learn them first hand. Aspects of socializing such as how to interact with those elder to them, their own age and younger to them are learnt hands on in schools.
- It is one thing to learn to do something by themselves and quite another to learn to divide tasks in teams and take responsibilities for their roles. Schools allow students to learn these skills and more for themselves and students also learn how to help and guide others and be guided in a group setting.
- Schools prepare students for the real life that lies ahead for them.
- Today, more than ever, information is key to survival. School dispenses all forms of information to the students based on their need and generally as well thus allowing them to be well informed adjusted members of society.
- School inspire the students to be a better version of themselves each day as they are pushed to test their limits by way of tasks. One or the other form of rewards and punishments that exist in schools allow them to perform the best they can.
- Finally, schools are not all about work. They are also a platform for the students to have a good time with their friends and make lasting relationships for a long time.
All in all, schools are those institutions in a society that lie as founding bases for the existence of civilization.
By Ritvik (2019)
Last updated: August 5, 2019.