Internet – Essay 1
The internet is a global system of computer network that serves to provide information on intended subjects as well as communication facilities.
Internet consists of a variety of interconnected networks that use regulated communication protocols. Through any one computer, a user with permission can access information from any other computer and sometimes even communicate directly or indirectly to users at other computers.
The components of internet that are regulated are the domain names and the associated IP addresses. The Internet Corporation is an organization that deals with Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and regulates these processes.
History of the internet
Vint Cerf co-designed the TCP/IP protocols and was actively involved in the building and establishment of the internet. The internet began with the development of computers that are electronic. It was a project of the U.S Department of Defense network who wanted to link scientists and university professors around the world. Commercial Internet Service Providers (ISPs) was born in the years between 1980 and 1990. The internet was however fully commercialized in 1995 in USA when the NSFNet was decommissioned. This eliminated the remaining restrictions on use of the internet to carry commercial traffic.
Features of the Internet
- Geographic distribution in the sense that it is available all over the world.
- Robust architecture in that it is very diverse following its multi approach nature. It has been designed to work better than the mind.
- The internet has near light speed in that it is very fast in sourcing and delivering information to the user.
- Universal access to mean that it is accessible to anyone all over the world.
- Digital advantage and internet growth rates are a feature that describes the economic sense of the internet.
- Freedom of speech is facilitated by internet.
- Flexibility of communication in that there are multiple ways through which communication can be achieved over the internet regardless the geographical distance between the sender and the recipient.
Role of the internet
- The internet has over the years been very instrumental in the pursuit of solutions to many different problems. People look in the internet to find ways of solving issues that trouble them because it has unrestricted access to information.
- It also plays a significant role in achieving communication through far distances very easily and therefore bridges the geographical gap between people.
- It also has a role in the government arena where it is used to establish security and other forms of regulations.
Uses of the internet in daily life
- Using home computers, it is no longer necessary to go to the library to get information because these computers can access any information in the world that is in books
- Entertainment is also another key role of the internet in daily life as it has access to movies, music and even games that provide entertainment.
- People also use the internet to communicate with friends, family and even business partners from different parts of the world.
- Trade is also carried out over the internet in this day and age on a daily basis.
- Information and knowledge for personal, social and economic development is also spread through the internet with concerned people that are in authority in the government and other leadership positions as this is the easiest way to get things and information across the whole world.
Uses of internet for students
- Research as students has a lot of information searching projects which may not be available in books or when books are a limitation.
- Some students also do online degrees over the internet through digital learning programs.
- Part-time jobs where students work as either freelancers or marketers over the internet.
- Communication via email to send or receive messages or information to colleagues within or without the country.
- Social networking where they use the social media platforms like Facebook to interact with friends.
- The internet also serves as an educational stationary.
- The tools and applications of the internet are a requirement in some of the projects that students are given by teachers or lecturers.
- It is also used to submit admission forms to institutions of interest.
- Online tests can also be taken by students over the internet.
- Storage is also an important use of the internet in cloud infrastructure.
Disadvantages of the internet
- Access to private information that would otherwise have been preferred to remain private through hackers.
- Cyber bullying where trollers use the internet to strong arm or intimidate internet users.
- The internet has also been used to spread malicious rumors that soil the good names of companies and individuals.
- Viruses that destroy computers are transmittable by means of internet.
The internet is one of the greatest inventions that has ever taken place. The use of the internet has spread all over the world and it has become almost impossible for people to live without it. However, as much as it has its advantages, the internet has its disadvantages and hence we should be cautious on how we use it.
Advantage and disadvantages of Internet – Essay 2
The internet has reached not only to all cities and towns of the world but also many remote villages.
The internet has revolutionized the way we do everything in our daily lives today. From getting up in the morning to getting into bed in the night, all our daily activities are now connected to the internet.
Advantages of Internet
- We can stay connected with our friends and family, both nearby and across the world via the internet.
- The internet helps us book tickets for movies, hotels, taxis and all kinds of travel.
- People can skim books and other study materials on the internet.
- We can watch movies and listen to music from all over the world.
- It gives us detailed driving and traveling directions in our car and on the road, via the GPS [Global Positioning System].
- Shopping of all kinds from groceries to clothes and all other daily utilities can be done via the internet.
- It helps us do our business and work in a better way, with our contacts across the world even.
Disadvantages of Internet
- Internet addiction has become a problem of our times. It is critical to know our limits. People spend more time on the internet than in playgrounds and with their friends.
- Age-inappropriate content can be available on the internet, and parents need to take precautions for their children not to get exposed to it.
- Students will overspend of time through the web and neglect their studies.
- There are a large group of amusements that are accessible on the web, and this has made most kids to evade all outside activities.
We should instruct kids to utilize it for their advantage. It fits for guardians to screen how much time their youngsters spend on the web, and if conceivable set a period limit till which they would be permitted to utilize the internet.
By Various Contributors
Internet – Essay 3
The Internet is one of the best facilities that humans have right now because there isn’t any single thing available in the world that we can’t do on the internet. But like every useful thing, the Internet also has some side effects, and people get attracted towards the bad effects more than the good points. People are getting addicted to the Internet, and they aren’t able to give time to their friends and families which is bad for everyone.
What Is the Internet
Internet is a facility provided to people via their laptops, computers, and smartphones by which one can get to know anything that is happening in the world.
One can also watch, download lots of music videos, movies and lots of other media easily. Moreover, all the researches can only get done if the internet is available as the internet knows almost everything in the world. With the help of the internet, we can connect to people living in other countries by making video calls or chatting to them. The Internet has lots of other uses which are as below.
How It Is Useful
There are several ways by which one can use the internet and here are some most useful ways:
- One can research about any object and anything happening in the world within a few seconds. Suppose you are given the assignment to write about “The internet” you can even know everything about “the internet” by surfing on various websites on the web by using the internet.
- You can learn cooking, dancing, singing, and playing various musical instruments very easily with the help of Internet because the world wide web is full of videos which can teach you anything that you want to learn and you can learn from experienced people.
- We can connect to our loved ones all around the world with the help of Internet as we can make video calls, voice calls and text messages for free which was never possible before the existence of smartphones and internet.
- The Internet is very useful for people learning about current affairs as they can learn about all the current affairs of the world within a few minutes.
These are a few uses of the internet there are several other uses of the internet, but the above four are the best uses.
Side Effects of Using the Internet
- On the internet, one can research about anything, and that is why a few people research on stuff that which affect the peace in the world. If the internet wasn’t there, there wouldn’t have been a lot of people known to the techniques of making bombs
- Some videos can affect the mind of children very drastically, and by internet, anyone can watch these videos.
- The Internet has made people addicted to it very much due to which in the 24 hours a day people spend more than 10 hours on their mobile phone. Various applications are available using which one can determine as for much time he uses the mobile in a day. Internet addiction is not a good thing as people are cutting themselves from their friends and relatives and the internet has become everything for them. People spend hours surfing on Instagram and YouTube, but when they are told to spend time with their family, they don’t have enough time for them.
How the Internet Has Become the Part of Our Life
The internet has become the part of our life because of a lot of reasons and here are a few of them.
- We cannot survive a day without the internet because throughout the day we feel the need of using the internet in a manner.
- Nowadays all the offices get operated with the help of the Internet and if the Internet is not available how will the office staff work in the offices.
- Many directors and producers launch their music videos and films on the world wide web, and if the internet is not available, people cannot see that, and they wouldn’t get any money. Thus, if the internet is not there, it will affect the income of a lot of people.
- Some of the people around the globe do online jobs by sitting at their homes and if the internet is not there, how will they get money to feed their families.
The Internet is a great facility but only if it gets used in a right manner. If someone uses the internet very much throughout the day, he might feel stressed and depressed throughout the day because researches have clarified that long use of a mobile or any electronic device can be a big reason for stress or anxiety problems. The use of internet has become necessary, but one should try to control the usage of the internet as much as possible.
Last updated: February 21, 2019