Education – Essay 1
Education can be described as the practice of learning and impacting skills and knowledge into students. Education is the main way of establishing a literate and well informed society. Education systems around the world are different though the goal is the same.
Concept of education
The basic concept of education is to equip human beings with the necessary tools that will enable them to develop mentally, physically, emotionally and intellectually.
Education does not only meaning gaining intellectual knowledge from school. One can acquire knowledge through other sources like personal experiences. Education is very important in shaping a person’s future life. It is also the tool by which we can change our society and develop our countries. Education does not come to an end. It is a lifelong process and no one person can acquire all the education in the world. We all get to acquire new insights and information every day.
Types of education
- Formal education is the type of education that is found in schools and other academic institutions. This type of education runs all the way form nursery or kindergarten to the university or college. Formal education is passed down to students through teachers. It is the education that is needed for career advancement.
- Informal education is the type of education that does not take place within the confines of an academic institution. It is the type of education that is not planned for and does not follow a curriculum. Informal education includes the basic life teachings we get from parents, friends and the community.
- Non-formal education is the type of education that is more practical and is used to impact basic skills to students. This may include literacy education programs for adults and courses like fitness courses and sports programs.
Importance of education
- Acquiring education enables people to gain respect in the society. This is because education is the first step towards having a successful and more fulfilled life.
- Education also enables people to acquire jobs in the future that will earn them enough income. Educated people get higher paying jobs than those who are not educated.
- Education is also a step in reducing the dependency ratios. And educated person is more self-dependent in terms of finances and in terms of making decisions.
- Education is also important in boosting one’s confidence levels. Educated people are more self-confident due to the recognition they gain from the society.
- Education also helps in increasing the literacy levels. Through education, one is able to gain basic skills that include reading and writing.
- Education also helps in growing the economies of nations. This is because educated people contribute to the economy through the incomes they get from their jobs and their businesses.
- Another importance of education is that it helps in the growth of the society. Those who are educated contribute more towards the development of their communities.
Education system in India
Due to the large population of the country, India has one of the largest education system in the world. There are over seven hundred thousand schools in the country. Many of the students start school at the age of five years. They get enrolled into preschool and they can then advance to primary school when they attain the age of six years. Students stay enrolled in school until they attain the age of fourteen years after which advancing to higher levels of education.
The basic subjects in primary school are mathematics, science, history, physical education, art and language arts. Primary school runs until grade eight.
Secondary school education then runs form grade nine to grade twelve. There is lower secondary and upper secondary. In public schools, secondary education is funded by the government.
In many parts of the country, the school term runs all the way from April to March the following years. However, there are some parts of the country that have their terms running from June to May or July to May.
How to improve the education system
- Introducing a new syllabus is one of the ways to improve the education system.
- By educating parents, we can improve the quality of the education system as parents will encourage their children to attend school and get the most out of it.
- Establishing more technical educational institutions will help more students get jobs in a technologically advanced world.
- Teachers should be regularly trained to ensure that they offer high quality education to students.
- Fostering partnerships between public and private institutions will also improve the quality of education offered by public institutions as not everyone can afford private education.
- There should also be more focus on rural schools. This is because most people in India reside in rural areas and hence improving the education there will be beneficial to many.
Education is very important towards the growth of a person and the growth of the society and country at large. Governments should ensure that they regularly improve the structure of their education systems to make sure that their students are able to compete in the dynamic job market.
Education – Essay 2
What is Education? This can be defined as an act of facilitating or acquiring knowledge, skills or beliefs. It means learning a new skill or acquiring knowledge about a new subject.
Education requires focused training of certain faculties to achieve the learning. In effect, it is an elevation of the current faculties and equips an individual to carry out the required tasks in a superior way than without the learning.
Education is a right that must be available to every individual striving to make like better for himself or herself as an individual as well as collectively.
Education can be formal or informal. Informal type might be learning of skills and something relating to that while formal is the most commons settings we have now that occur in schools. The United Nations and some governments support the right to education. Pedagogy is the methodology of teaching. I.e., the way and manner it is facilitated.
Formal education is divided based on grades or stage. We have
Origin of Education
Education was derived from a Latin word called ‘ēducātiōn’ meaning to rear or breed. Education began since time immemorial; the adult will teach the younger ones the norm of their society which is done orally and imitation. But as the world evolves, it goes beyond just that. The first institution of learning is founded by Plato in Athens.
India as a case study
- In India, right to education free and compulsory education is a fundamental right for children aged between 6 and 14.
- Elementary education is for eight years.
- Primary education is for five years.
- Upper primary school is three years.
- University education is non-compulsory education after completing high school. It consists of undergraduate and postgraduate. Universities and college offer vocational training as well.
Accessible to all
It is imperative that a common good like education be made accessible to every individual across the country. Having primary and secondary schools in as many areas as possible and catering to all the local population is a mandatory condition for developing as a society and an economy.
Benefits of education for all
An educated population is far more capable of making the right choices for practicing the cultural traditions and beliefs by getting rid of those that are detrimental for development individually and collectively and promoting the ones that elevate the socioeconomic strata of the community.
Education must be made available for all irrespective of their cast, color, gender, race, etc. if the society is to progress. There is no much room for Illiterates in this present world. Education is the key.
Importance of Education – Essay 3
Education is important throughout our lives because that is the way we learn new things and skills. Proper education about a topic helps us to be informed, prepared and aware of facing life situations with confidence and clarity.
Everyone needs to be educated. Educated means to gain respect from the people and society. If you want to lead a happy and comfortable life, then you have to be educated. As a result, education can help people to get freedom. On the other hand, education can protect a person financially. A person can set up standard life and make a decision correctly with the help of education.
Education is very important for children because that is the way they learn about themselves and about the world around them. Education teaches children the basics of Sciences, Maths, Geography, Languages, etc.
Education is an important tool for gaining knowledge about all topics throughout our life. Whenever you want to learn something new, like a new language, education about the topic is the best way to learn it.
Education is a mandatory parameter for successful work and career satisfaction in life. Education teaches you the mandatory skills to develop and manage your career effectively.
Education in arts is a way of understanding the subtle and deeper aspects of arts. A big part of art education is learning the practical skills and understanding of arts.
Education in sports is important if you want to become a sportsman for personal or professional reasons. Education in sports involves sports training, nutrition training, and health and exercise training.
To build a modern society education is important. To protect society people from bad events education is essential for society. On the other hand, an educated society can increase the value of a nation.
Education is important in today’s world because the level of information and expertise required has gone relatively high in all fields. It is not only learning book knowledge but also learns practically. If anyone only reads and writes they will not be called educated. Education is not for improving ourselves but also for improving other people’s life.
Finally, education is the key to success. If a person wants to shine in life, then education is important for his or her life. As a result, only reading and writing cannot make people well educated.
Last Edited: February 25, 2019.