Trees – Essay 1.
A tree can be defined as a perennial plant that has a long stem, branches that are supported by the stems and leaves that extend from the branches.
Trees have different heights and some have more branches than others. There are many species of trees that exist around the world.
Trees are very important plants as they have very many benefits that they offer.
Features of trees
- Trees are usually tall plants. They have a height that is higher than that of other plants.
- Trees have a single stem or trunk that starts from the ground upwards.
- Trees have branches that start form the stem and branch outward from the stem.
- Trees also have Some may shed their leaves during particular seasons in a year while others maintain their leaves throughout the year.
- Trees have deep roots that help to support it. The roots can spread for very long distances.
- Trees have a crown that is very distinctive and varies in height depending on the type of trees.
Some names of trees
- A neem tree is a tree species that has bright green leaves and it has a height of approximately 100 ft. Their trunk is straight and also coarse.
- A eucalyptus is a common tree around the world. This tree has evergreen leaves and it is usually very long since it can grow to a height of more than 300 feet.
- A mahogany tree is an indigenous tree that has a crown that is symmetrical in shape. This tree can grow to a height of between 30 to 40 feet.
- The Indian Rosewood is a tree that that has a height of approximately 25 meters. The stem has a diameter of about 3 meters. It is a deciduous tree that has a straight stem and has white and pink flowers.
- A teak is a tree that is tall and can grow to a height of approximately 30 meters. They are evergreen trees that have large leaves.
- An oak tree is a tree that has leaves that are arranged in a spiral pattern. The tree has any benefits that it offers.
- A cedar tree is the one that has a conical shape and its branches extend from the larger part of the stem. It is an evergreen tree that has leaves that are flat.
Types of trees
- Evergreen trees are the trees that contain leaves throughout the entire seasons in a year. They do not shed their leaves in any season.
- Deciduous trees are those that shed their leaves during certain seasons in any year.
- Flowerless trees are those that those that have seeds that are contained within a carpel. They do not have any flowers.
- Flowering trees are the trees that have seeds that enclosed within the fruit. These trees contain flowers.
Plant vs. trees
Trees are a type of plant but there are differences that differentiate trees form other plants.
- In terms of height, plants are short and closer to the ground whereas trees are usually taller than the other plants.
- When it comes to the stem, plants have soft stems whereas trees have hard stems that are woody.
- In terms of life, plants have a short lifetime whereas trees usually live for long as they may live for up to a hundred years.
Uses of trees
- Trees are used to produce timber. It is through logging activities that timber is gotten that is used to make furniture and build houses.
- Trees are also used to produce firewood and charcoal. Firewood and charcoal are used as sources of fuel to many people.
- Trees are also used in the making medicine. Some trees like neem trees are used in the making of drugs that are used to cure certain diseases.
- Trees also provide us with fruits that are a source of food. This includes trees like apple trees, coconut trees, pawpaw trees, etc.
- Trees are used to reduce the levels of carbon gas in the air. This helps in reducing global warming and climate change.
- Trees also provide a home for birds. Birds build their nests on the branches of trees.
- Trees also provide shade to people, plants and animals. This is especially useful during sunny days.
- Trees also help in reducing soil erosion. This is through the leaves and branches reducing the impacts of the drops of rain on the soil. The roots of trees also help to hold the soil particles together.
- When trees shed their leaves, the leaves act as manure to the plants that are planted below them and the leaves also act as mulching covers to reduce evaporation of water from the soil.
- Trees also act as wind breakers. They help to reduce the speed of powerful winds that may cause harm.
How to save trees
- We can save trees by reducing deforestation. This includes avoiding cutting down large numbers of trees.
- We can save trees by ensuring that we plant new trees every time we cut them. This is to maintain the population of trees.
- We can also save trees by setting laws that will curb irresponsible cutting down of trees.
- We also save trees by discouraging the use of firewood as sources of fuel. The government can enable this by reducing the costs of alternative sources of fuel.
- The government can also set aside restricted forest areas where the trees planted in these zones cannot be cut down.
Trees are very important plants as they offer very many benefits with the major benefit being climate change control. It is important to take care of trees by reducing the rates at which we cut them down. There are many tree species around the world and they offer unique benefits.
Trees – Essay 2.
Trees are a significant part of the life forms in our Universe. Trees are stationary life forms that are fixed to the earth with their roots and grow into the air, with their trunks and branches. They are covered with green leaves and produce fruit which is food for animals, birds, and humans.
Trees are the essential part of our environment, for human life trees play an important role. As a result, the human cannot live without oxygen and trees reduces the oxygen. As a result, carbon dioxide is very harmful to the human body and trees are taking carbon dioxide which is reduced by the human.
Types of Trees
Evergreen trees are found in the monsoon and equatorial regions of the world. These trees are leaf covered and green throughout the year. They never lose their leaf cover, in line with the heavy rainy seasons in this region.
Deciduous trees are trees that grow in the tropical regions of the world. The deciduous trees are green and leaf-covered in the spring and rainy seasons. They lose their leaves the green cover in the autumn and winter seasons.
Dessert trees are adapted to survive in the extreme conditions of weather and temperatures. They have small or no leaves to conserve water and to deal with the extreme heat in extreme summers.
Benefits of trees
Trees can change the climate. As a result, only for the trees, we can prevent various types of natural climate. Due to the result, fresh air is vital for the environment and trees are providing fresh air. On the other hand, trees can prevent water pollution and make the soil fertile.
Importance of trees
First of all, trees are an important part of every community. Trees can make a peaceful and pleasing environment. If there are lots of trees in around us, then we will get shade or cool weather during any outdoor activities. On the other hand, trees can keep the ecological system balance. So, trees are significant for providing oxygen, improving air, preserving soil and for supporting wildlife.
Trees have been cut down and used by human beings for various purposes over generations. Trees are used for making paper, for building houses, for making furniture, for arts & crafts, for various products like honey, glue, etc.
Conservation of trees
The number of forests and trees has gone down severely all over the earth in the past few centuries. This has led to a disturbance in the balance in our natural environment. Conservation of trees and growth in the tree population is vital for re-establishing this natural balance.
Finally, trees are essential to control the climate and keep the environment cool by moderating sun, rain, and wind. So, for maintaining all the things of environment trees are essential.
Importance of Trees – Essay 3.
The world today is currently being face with the problem of massive deforestation. People are cutting down trees without planting new ones. It is important to plant trees every now and then as trees offer massive befits to the entire ecosystem.
Trees help in preventing soil erosion. The roots of trees help to keep soil particles together which ensures that top soil which is fertile is not washes away by rain water.
Trees provide wood which is a source of fuel to many people. In places where people do not have alternative sources of energy, they use wood to create fire which they use to cook and provide heat.
Trees give people timber which is used in making furniture and also in constructing houses.
Trees help in maintaining a good climate. This is because they absorb excess carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere which causes climate change.
Trees also help in the making of paper. It is from trees that paper is produced. The paper is used in making books, making tissue paper, etc.
Trees are also a habitat for various animals. There are animals that depend on tree cover to exist. These animals either live on top of the trees or ore into the trunks of trees to create shelter.
Trees also help to prevent desertification. This is because having a lot of tree covers helps to ensure that the water cycle is maintained and that there is enough rainfall.
Trees offer a lot of benefits to a person which is why people are always being urged to plant more trees. With a massive tree cover, the world can be able to get rid of the menace of global warming. One should ensure that they plant more trees after cutting down other trees.
By Mary (2019)
Last Updated: March 22, 2019.