“Save environment” is a slogan that has been at the forefront since more than a decade now. However, the need to save the environment has become more urgent in current times. The industrial revolution and the increased emissions have caused massive damage to the environment.
If drastic steps are not taken immediately to save the environment, the future generations might suffer a lot. When we talk about the environment, it includes many things like air, water, soil pollution, and all the natural resources.
In present times, all these natural resources are polluted and are almost on the verge of depletion. If we talk about water, all the natural river bodies including rivers, lakes, and even oceans are polluted. This has affected the aquatic life immensely. Similarly, the use of pesticides and fertilizers for faster growth of crops has destroyed the natural minerals of the soil.
Why you should save the environment
- The environment is all that surrounds us regarding air, life, and We remain healthy if we live in a clean environment.
- In the past many years there has been talking about environmental pollution. That includes air land and water pollution, sometimes even noise pollution.
- Air pollution happens because of burning fires in the open, because of vehicles using bad quality fuel and emitting high levels of carbon dioxide factories emitting smoke and other gases, among other reasons.
- Water is polluted by factories pouring out their wastes into water bodies and the household waste also being emptied into the water bodies making the water unfit for drinking and other uses.
- Land quality is going down by the chemicals that seep into the topsoil from the atmosphere above and the water bodies surrounding it. Animals get choked up on the non-degradable trash left behind by careless people.
- With the growing levels of the population, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep the noise levels To add to that people use loudspeakers at different times which raise the decibel levels beyond safe.
- All of these factors are causing substantial damage to the environment.
How to Save Environment
Let us check out some of the steps that we can take at an individual level to save the environment!
- Switch to public transports
- Don’t keep the water running while you brush
- Switch off the lights and fans when not in use
- Use jute bags instead of plastic bags
If we do not soon make efforts to save the environment from all the harm, we will be responsible for very poor quality of life available to us. By making these small lifestyle changes, you can contribute to saving the environment.