Friends – Essay 1.
A friend is a person that you can easily connect with at any level you wish. He or she is so close to you both in trust and in companionship that it is always your first instinct to share with him or her anything that troubles or excites you.
A friend can be defined as a companion. To call someone a friend, it does not have to do anything with gender, ethnicity, religion and sometimes age.
Having a friend or friends is important in the life of every individual and knowing how to keep them is even more important.
How to keep friends?
Because of the level of closeness and trust and even the commitment that true friends bestow upon each other, the relationship tends to be very sensitive and emotions are usually involved which is why skill is required to maintain the relationship
- The first thing that all friendships depend on is honesty. They say honesty is the best policy but with friends, honesty is the code.
- Friends also require that you remain transparent with them. The relationship between friends is one that expects total disclosure especially in things that are really important and matter to you most.
- It is also important that you respect your friends and accord them the same kind of respect you would expect accorded to you. This means that you are supposed not to overstep limits of privacy because when you need it, they will always do the same for you.
- Being there for your friends when they need you is also important. Friends are supposed to be there for each other in good and bad times as a show of support and love.
- It is also important to spend time with ones friends. This is because the relationship is built on togetherness and in as much as you may be busy, make sure to create time once in a while so that you go out together and reconnect, visit or plan gatherings.
- Friends are also supposed not to be selfish. At some point you will need to accept to go out of your way for your friends. Always insisting on having your way is a sign of selfishness and pride and this will scare away even the closest of friends.
- Being you is another way to keep friends. Because of the closeness, your friends will always know when you are pretending or faking things.
- Being ready to share certain things is also a good way through which friendships can be maintained. This is because friends have to be there for each other.
- A good friendship is also maintained by always having the willingness to contribute. It is unfair when each time friends come together; only one in the group contributes or treats the group to a nice meal. Make sure to do something at least, even if it is small.
Benefits of having friends
- Having friends guarantees support during times of crisis. This lifts one’s spirit and eliminates the feeling of being alone.
- Friends will also bail you out whenever you are short for solutions. There are times when you are cornered with or in a situation and only friends can rescue you.
- Friends will also help you become the best version of yourself. They will creatively criticize you whenever you are wrong.
- Friends also stand with you in times of victory and celebrate with you making the occasion more memorable and fun.
- Another benefit of having friends is that they will grow your network which is important in building oneself.
- Friends will play the role of family when you need them to. They will give the same form of support that family would.
Having friends is therefore very important in life. Man cannot live as an island of himself and friends will complement one’s life. However, making friends is important if you are willing to do whatever it takes to maintain them. Losing friends is as bad as having no friends at all.
True Friends – Essay 2.
What is a true friend? A true friend is someone you hold of high esteem among your friends, he/she is your best companion than other casual friends, and the level of intimacy is higher than others. A true friend will be someone that know virtually about you and you do the same as well. To call someone your best friend, he/she might have been part of your life, contribute positively, always been there for you always or someone you’ve been together since childhood or for long.
Ways to be a true friend
- Having feelings or similar emotion as your partner and caring for your partner a lot is one of the attributes of being a best friend.
- A true friend is always the type you can open up your mind to and keep secret with them, they are the human Bank that safely keeps your flaws and secrets.
- A true friend is the type you trust with all your things because you know they are truthful and can’t feed you with lies.
- A friend must be someone that is reliable, a person you can cry on their shoulder, you are always sure about them.
- They are always there to support you and give you a helping hand.
- They are the type that loves you for who you are and irrespective if your flaw.
- The always respect you in the sense that they believe in your ideas and ways. What you want, like or what you don’t.
In conclusion, Ethnicity, religion, age is not the main factor to have a true friend but love and respect.
Last Updated: March 6, 2019.