To have confidence is to have total control of oneself as it breaks all hurdles in front of you.
Confidence is therefore the belief that one can rely on someone (including himself or herself) or something.
Having confidence in someone else means that you believe what they can do and in some cases, even telling of personal issues or secrets because the trust between you too is well established.
Importance of confidence
- When one is more confident, they are able to improve their self worth. They begin to value themselves more and they hence develop higher levels of self esteem.
- When you are more confident, you will become happier and more contented in life. This is because you become proud of yourself and you are able to enjoy life.
- Having confidence also helps you reduce social anxiety. This is because you are not afraid of the perception of others towards you.
- Confidence also helps in reducing the levels of stress and depression. This is by getting more contentment in your achievements and not fearing the possibility of failure.
- Confidence also contributes to increased motivation. Confidence gives one the confidence in achieving their goals and objectives.
- Confidence is also important as it results in greater chances of success. This is because you have the motivation and energy to achieve your dreams.
- Having confidence will also lead to better relationships. You will be able to make more friends and retain them.
How to build confidence
Confidence as it were, is something remarkably hard to build. One must therefore be very skillful in efforts to establish confidence in oneself and in others.
- Getting things done is one principle way of building confidence. This is because confidence forms its bases on accomplishment. To do this, one must come up with goals and strive to achieve each of them. Accomplishing one’s goals, will builds confidence.
- Monitoring your progress can also help establish confidence because witnessing the steps you are making towards your set goals will serve as a motivation and as the driving force behind your success.
- Confident people are governed by a value principle of doing what is right. One should therefore ask himself or herself the best version of themselves that they would want to be. By doing what is right, you are going to be proud of who you are.
- Exercising can also help build confidence. Exercise will not only improve your health but your memory and focus will improve as well and you will be able to handle stress.
- You also build confidence by not fearing failure. Fearing failure is the single most enemy to confidence. You should keep working on the goals you want to accomplish without thinking of the possibility of failure.
- Standing up for one self can also help build confidence. You should believe and stand for what you want. This is by staying true to your beliefs and knowing that you deserve whatever it is that you want.
- Keeping your word and following through is important in the pursuit for confidence. When you say you will do something and actually you do it, it inspires respect and trust which in turn build your confidence.
- You can also build confidence by ignoring the sentiments of others. This is by not caring about what others say or think about you.
To have confidence is very important for personal development. This is because high levels of confidence will propel you into becoming the kind of person that you desire to be. Confidence can be self taught and hence practicing and adopting means of building confidence is important for people who want to live happier and more fulfilled lives.