Save Environment – Essay 1.
Most of the countries have the same slogan nowadays, i.e., “Save the environment,” but they don’t have any solution for the people of their country as to how they should save the environment and what are the measures they should take which will be beneficial for the environment.
We all should have a single motive, and that should be to save the environment which is getting degraded day by day.
Here are some ways following which one can help in saving the environment:
Save energy and electricity
The best way to help in saving the environment is by conserving the energy, and there are lots of ways for the same
- We should switch off all the electrical appliances when we do not use it as those appliances consume lots of energy which is one the biggest reason for the degradation of the environment.
- A lot of people still do not use LED bulbs in their houses as they feel that other bulbs make their houses brighter, but they need to understand that brightness is not everything, saving some energy is also important by which you will also participate in saving the environment.
- A lot of companies make electrical appliances which help in saving energy, and they rate them accordingly. Though the appliances which save the maximum energy are a bit expensive, if we purchase those appliances, we will get able to save a good amount of energy which can get used by our future generations.
The above point was known to very fewer people that saving energy can also help in saving the environment, but it is known to everyone that saving water can help in saving the environment in a lot of ways and here is how we can save water:
- Turn off all the taps out of which water is coming out unnecessarily, and nobody is using it because the amount of water on earth is getting decreased day by day and if we don’t conserve water, our future generations will never get able to have life on earth because there is no life on earth without water.
- Make sure that you conserve all the rainwater during heavy rains because you can utilize that rainwater later in various tasks such as washing clothes, watering plants, etc.
- It gets noticed that people use their dishwasher multiple times in a day, it consumes a lot of water, and that is why one should only use the dishwasher when it is full.
- A lot of people don’t know that the water in swimming pools get evaporated when it is uncovered, That is why people should cover the swimming pools so that the water shouldn’t get evaporated and people do not need to fill the swimming pool again.
People should realize that trees are very important for living and for a better environment and that is why we need to save as many trees as possible. Here is how we can save trees-
- We should limit the use of paper, and we should rather use digital platforms for doing all our tasks. The Prime Minister of India also is promoting paper-free transactions, and that is why people are getting more digital, and paper transactions are getting vanished.
- People buy notebooks, and textbooks every day, but they need to understand that new books involve lots of use of paper and rather than purchasing new books, one should opt for sharing books or reusing old books.
- If we can’t save trees, we should plant more trees so that the number of trees should get increase day by day and it will help in saving the environment very much.
We have to change our eating and living habits because for a better living we use lots of wooden products and to make those wooden products people need to cut lots of trees. Similarly, we eat a lot in various restaurants and hotels, and we leave lots of uneaten food and water their which goes in vain as no one consumes it. If we change our habits to buying the food that we can actually eat, then it can bring a change to the environment as well.
If we can follow some of the above points in our day to day life, then we wouldn’t have to make a lot of efforts to save our environment as our habits will bring the change in our environment which will help the future generation to use the resources that we can use.
Save Environment – Short Essay 2
“Save environment” is a slogan that has been at the forefront since more than a decade now. However, the need to save the environment has become more urgent in current times. The industrial revolution and the increased emissions have caused massive damage to the environment.
If drastic steps are not taken immediately to save the environment, the future generations might suffer a lot. When we talk about the environment, it includes many things like air, water, soil pollution, and all the natural resources.
In present times, all these natural resources are polluted and are almost on the verge of depletion. If we talk about water, all the natural river bodies including rivers, lakes, and even oceans are polluted. This has affected the aquatic life immensely. Similarly, the use of pesticides and fertilizers for faster growth of crops has destroyed the natural minerals of the soil.
Why you should save the environment
- The environment is all that surrounds us regarding air, life, and We remain healthy if we live in a clean environment.
- In the past many years there has been talking about environmental pollution. That includes air land and water pollution, sometimes even noise pollution.
- Air pollution happens because of burning fires in the open, because of vehicles using bad quality fuel and emitting high levels of carbon dioxide factories emitting smoke and other gases, among other reasons.
- Water is polluted by factories pouring out their wastes into water bodies and the household waste also being emptied into the water bodies making the water unfit for drinking and other uses.
- Land quality is going down by the chemicals that seep into the topsoil from the atmosphere above and the water bodies surrounding it. Animals get choked up on the non-degradable trash left behind by careless people.
- With the growing levels of the population, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep the noise levels To add to that people use loudspeakers at different times which raise the decibel levels beyond safe.
- All of these factors are causing substantial damage to the environment.
How to Save Environment
Let us check out some of the steps that we can take at an individual level to save the environment!
- Switch to public transports
- Don’t keep the water running while you brush
- Switch off the lights and fans when not in use
- Use jute bags instead of plastic bags
If we do not soon make efforts to save the environment from all the harm, we will be responsible for very poor quality of life available to us. By making these small lifestyle changes, you can contribute to saving the environment.
Save Our Environment – Short Essay 3
To ‘Save our environment’ is the need of the hour if humanity and the Earth as we know it, is to survive. Technological advancements coupled with the unchecked growth of population are causing an irreversible damage to the environment.
Forms of environmental degradation
Pollution: Pollution of air, water and land has been increasing at an alarming rate. Vehicular traffic and factories emitting gases which make the air unfit for breathing for humans as well as animals and birds are the worst polluters of air.
Cities have had to be shut down because of the poor quality of air. Similarly, the water bodies are being polluted by factories with their wastes disposed in them. Land too is being rendered unfit for cultivation because of soil contamination.
Resource depletion: Industrialization and population growth are leading to a very fast utilization of resources, many of which are non-replaceable. This has raised a debate about the sustainability of development at this rate.
Threat to life forms: The encroachment of land by humans has had an adverse effect by loss of habitat for many life forms and has led to many of them being listed as endangered species.
Ways to save our environment
Polluting control: All necessary steps must be taken to get pollution of all forms under control. Establishing effective public transport systems and providing incentives to factories to cut emissions and waste disposal can be the first steps towards controlling pollution. If incentives don’t work, punitive measures can be tried. The same goes for land pollution.
Conservation of resources: it is imperative to spread awareness and education about the necessity to conserve natural resources and find sustainable alternatives. Use of fossil fuels which cannot be replaced for millions of years must be used sparingly till alternatives are found. That means conserving electricity and fuels like petroleum, natural gas etc.
Conserve life forms: It is of utmost importance to preserve the natural balance of life as dictated by nature. Whether they are microbes or plants or animals, they have a specific role in the working of nature. Having even one species going out of existence can have repercussions beyond our understanding.
Conclusion: Save our environment is a necessary goal to be accepted globally. Individuals volunteering for the cause and governments devising policies in line with this can make a big difference.
Last Updated: February 21, 2019