The Burden of School Bags
School bags have been a matter of controversy for some time now, everywhere around the world.
As the spectrum of the subjects grows, and the quality of resources improves, the weight of the school bags seems to go up too.
The heavy bags cause the children to have back-aches and tiredness. The burden weighs too much on the little bones. It may cause bent backs too in a few cases.
Reason for the weight
- Increased books: The number of books and notebooks is increasing as there is more supportive material as against the textbook and notebook system. There are additional workbooks and reference books that are to be taken along.
- More food: Since the number of school hours has increased to compensate for the weekend, there needs to be more food and water to be carried to suffice for the multiple food breaks.
- Longer hours: More extended hours mean more subjects taught and so more books to be carried.
Changes in Recent Years
Nowadays, however, Nowadays the world is getting digitized due to which various schools allow their students to learn through cloud learning due to which they do not need to carry bigger or heavier bags. However, the situation was not the same a few years back as people had to carry school bags weighing around 20 kgs on their shoulders which were a huge task.
The burden of school bags has reduced due to several facts and here are a few of them:
- Students get to learn through cloud learning due to which they do not need to carry physical books along with them to the schools due to which the weight of bags gets reduced.
- Nowadays students do not believe in reading books in schools that is why it gets noticed that students do not carry books along with them even if their schools do not have cloud learning enabled. Books are an essential part of schooling, and that is why those who don’t study enough books, don’t get enough marks.
- The burden of school bags also got reduced due to the protest of lots of media channels in the past as they felt that the number of books is getting higher.
Now, there is the least amount of burden on the shoulders of students as all they need is a tab or a smartphone to study all their books.