Please find 10 lines on Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
1. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was a former Indian President who served the position between 2002 and 2007.
2. Dr. Kalam is widely credited for building India’s defence capabilities in the field of space engineering and missile developments.
3. In praise of his contribution in the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicles, he is regarded as the “Missile man of India”.
4. He played a key role in the successful nuclear tests at Pokhran that India conducted in 1998.
5. He was born on 15th October, 1931 in Rameswaram, a town in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
6. He studied aero engineering and later worked for premier Indian defence organization such as Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
7. During his lifetime, he received several prestigious awards such as Padma Bhushan (1881), Padma Vibhushan (1990), Bharat Ratna (1997), Von Braun (2013).
8. In 2015, postal stamps were released commemorating Dr. Kalam.
9. The great soul left the planet on 27th of July, 2015.
10. Following his death, several scientific and educational were named or renamed in honour of Dr. Kalam for his massive contribution towards his country.