As per the Julian calendar as well as the Gregorian calendar, New Year Day is observed on the first day of every year, i.e., on 1st of January.
New Year Day (January 1st each year) is observed to mark the beginning of a New Year and ending of Previous Year. Celebrations are held day and night with utmost fun and entertainment.
Different people have their different way to celebrate the New Year Day.
- This is a day where people enjoy a holiday and spent the time with their family and friends.
- Some enjoy by observing the fireworks at midnight while some enjoys by having family outing.
- People wear new clothes and indulge themselves in fun activities such as playing, partying, singing, dancing, etc.
- There is huge rush in restaurants, hotels, night-clubs, resorts, etc.
- People greet each other Happy New Year.
- They also exchange greeting cards, gifts and messages.
- It’s an old tradition of planning a resolution on this day and now-a day, it has become a trend.
- In Paris (France), New York (USA), Mumbai (India), Delhi (India), Bangkok (Thailand) and many other large cities and metropolitan areas people organize live concerts on the eve of New Year celebration and people all over the world join the celebration.
- Some people go back to their native places or hometown on this day.
Every New Year there is a little hope to everyone that this year will somehow be better than the previous one. Each New Year also allows us to understand the past year, the faults done and also helps us thank God for his blessings.