Land pollution has a very negative impact on the health of plants, humans and animals. Here are 15 ways to prevent and control land pollution.
1. Go organic: organic farming uses no chemical fertilizers or insecticides.
2. Fewer plastics: cut down on packaging.
3. Agricultural management: prevent pesticides from leaching into rivers.
4. Reduce sprays: chemical sprays dissolve into rain which falls on and pollutes the land.
5. Don’t litter: clear up all your litter.
6. Careful about what you pour down the sink: contaminated water can pollute the land.
7. Reforest: forests maintain the right chemical balance of the land.
8. Tread lightly: leave some areas of land unspoilt my humans.
9. Volunteer: pick up litter, work on reforestation projects or whatever appeals to you.
10. Educate: teach future generations about land pollution.
11. Get authorities involved: get the weight of local government behind you.