Independence Day in India is celebrated every year on the 15th of August. This day is designated for celebrating the fact that India shook off British colonial rule and became in independent nation.
It was on August 15th, 1947 that India was recognized as an independent national by royal assent. From then on, India was no longer considered to be a British colony.
Independence Day is an important occasion in any country because it celebrates the birth of a nation. This day is a national holiday and it is marked by speeches, processions and the public display of the Indian flag. It is an opportunity to celebrate everything to do with Indian culture and to think back over how much India has achieved over its history as an independent nation. India will celebrate its 72nd Independence day on 15th August, 2018. What would a patriot wish for on such a significant day?
Below are the greetings and wishes in the form of short messages for your loved ones on Independence Day, to celebrate this day with them.
- May the Tri-colour Indian National Flag unite us around a common goal for the good of our country and the world. Happy Independence Day!
- May Our Tri-color National Flag always rise high! Proud to be an Indian!
- On the occasion of this Independence Day, let us thank the founding fathers of India for gifting a thriving and vibrant democracy.
- Self-rule is an inalienable right. Happy Independence Day!
- Let us celebrate Gandhi’s acts of non-violence and his ability to influence change in the society. Happy Independence Day!
- Wishing you a Happy Independence Day! Let us reflect on the past and look forward to the future.
- On the occasion of 71st year of our Independence, let all Indians celebrate freedom and fight injustice and oppression at all times. Our ancestors’ struggles will not be in vain.
- When you live without fear, and when you have access to your rights, then you know that you are truly independent. Wishing you and your family on this Independence Day peace and prosperity, now and for the days to come.
- Let’s feel proud for our country, the courage of the founding fathers of the country, and the strides the nation has made. Happy Independence day!
- Happy Independence Day – a time to celebrate our distinctiveness as a nation. Independence Day is a day to be proud of our rich history.
- Today, let all Indians make Independence our motivation to continue to strive for a better world, for all.
- May freedom reign in your life and the spirit of this day bring you peace and prosperity. Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is the willingness to stand with your country. On this Independence Day, may we cherish freedom and protect what our founders fought for. Happy Independence Day!
- As we celebrate this day of freedom, let us not forget the people who shed blood for the rights and freedoms that we enjoy today. Happy Independence Day!
- Let’s never forget the importance of Independence Day – it has helped us be who we are today.
- Just wanted to say – Happy Day of Independence! Hoping to celebrate with you later.
- This Independence Day, as every year, we must never forget those who fought for our freedom.
- On this Independence Day, may we aspire to be our brothers’ keepers and to always mind about the well-being of fellow citizens.
- May the spirit of Independence inspire you to great levels of success. Wishing you a Happy Independence Day!
- May the values that galvanized our forefathers to fight for freedom define our lives and inspire us to be better. Happy Independence Day!
- Wishing you a better tomorrow and that this day of freedom bring you joy and happiness.
- Freedom is Not Free. Thanks to our freedom fighters whose efforts have helped us reach where we currently stand. Wishing all of you a very Happy Independence Day!
- The future of India lies in the patriotism of its citizens. As we celebrate the birth of our nation, may we stay true patriots of our country every day.
- I hope that every Indian’s life remains as colorful as our National Flag. Happy Independence to all!
- Proud to be a citizen of World’s Largest Democratic Country, India.
- This Independence Day, let’s pay a special tribute to all the Great Activists of India’s Struggle for Independence, by being a more dutiful citizen!
- Today is the day when we became independent! This Independence Day, Let’s forget our differences and pledge for living a life as an INDIAN!
- Let’s stay united, like always, and enjoy this awesome occasion with full zeal and zest! Happy Independence Day!
- Independence Day is a good time to examine who we are and how we got here. And we can at least honor our freedom fighters by remembering them and admiring their efforts.
- Independence Day should not be only about celebrating the freedom our country from the British rule. Its also about taking efforts in freeing ourselves from the bondage of ego and negativity, treating everyone with respect and dignity, and making efforts for an egalitarian society.