Kamala Nehru (wife of Jawaharlal Nehru)
Birth Date & Birth place: She was born in August 1st, 1899 in Delhi.
Parents: Rajpati and Jawaharmal Kaul
Early Life: Her early life was spent in a traditional middle class family. She was married at an early age of seventeen.
Education: She was home schooled.
Marriage: Kamala was married to Jawaharlal Nehru. They had a daughter. They also had a son but who died early.
Contributions/ Major Achievements:
- Being a member of the Desh Sevika Sangh, she participated in picketing foreign cloth shops.
- She also had a role in setting up a hospital in the family mansion of the Nehrus.
- She took part in the Civil Disobedience movement.
- She delivered a provoking speech in a public forum in place of her husband, who was arrested at the moment, strengthening her role as a freedom fighter further.
- She participated in organizing the No Tax Campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
Conclusion: She proved to be an epitome of strength and support Jawaharlal Nehru and took up his activities in his absence.
Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Nehru