What is a mobile phone? A mobile phone is a type of hand held phone. It is called a ‘mobile phone’, because it can be carried around.
Unlike a traditional landline, a mobile phone is not rooted in a cable. In short, they are a telephone that you take with you.
Another name for ‘mobile phone’ is ‘cell phone’. Mobile phones are typically small electronic devices.
Features: Below are the main features of mobile phones.
- Hand held.
- Mobile phones also use SIM cards.
- Some use satellite technology.
- Some have touch screens but others do not.
- Mobile phones can either be on a contract or pay as you go.
- Most mobile phones also have internet access.
Advantages: Below are 7 reasons why mobile phones are great.
- Easily portable.
- Handy in emergencies.
- Great for keeping in touch with friends.
- Light weight: these phones are a much more light weight option.
- Internet access: find out anything you like.
- Fun for playing games on.
- A good way to pass the time.
- Maps: no need to be lost with a mobile phone.
- Fashion: having a cellphone is something trendy in many cultures.
Disadvantages: Below are some reasons why mobile phones are not so good.
- Waste of time: phones can sap our precious time.
- A poor substitute for face to face communication.
- Bad for your health as you crane over them.
- Small screens can cause eye strain.
- We can become overly dependent on our phones.
- Risk of data security.
- Lack of focus: overuse of cellphones can shorten our attention span.
- Expensive: these devices can be pricey.
- Peer pressure: sometimes trends force us to buy devices we don’t really want.
Conclusion: Mobile phones should be used wisely.