Introduction: Indian culture has always been rich, diverse and non-enforcing. India’s rich culture has attracted many people from all over the world.
Culture is the lifestyle of the people of any country or territory. Culture defines a specific pattern of behavior and beliefs of the people comprising a group or tribe.
Culture is something that distinguishes the life of one group or tribe of people from another group. It comprises of race, ethnicity, language, traditions, religion, etc.
Features: The features of Indian Culture is discussed below:
- Deep-rooted: Indian culture is extremely deep-rooted and goes way back in the ages of Vedas.
- Diverse: Indian culture is extremely diverse and changes significantly as you move from one region to another in the same country.
- Traditional: Indian culture is very traditional and Indians respect their culture and do not let it dilute, come what way.
Importance: The importance/significance of Indian culture is summarized as follows:
- Unity in diversity: Even though India has diverse cultures, its people are united in their basic sense of patriotism. The richness of Indian culture is what keeps its people together.
- Preserves identity: Indian culture is what gives the country its unique identity and recognition throughout the world.
- Sense of belonging: Without cultural support, a country`s citizens feel homeless. A country`s rich culture instills the sense of belonging in their citizens.
- Binding factor: Indian culture is what keeps its citizens patriotic and attached to each other.
- Sense of pride: When cultural traditions are handed down from generations after generations, they are preserved with honor and increase the sense of pride in people.
Conclusion: Cultural values of Indian citizens are indeed a matter of pride!