Introduction: Good Health is the greatest blessing of life. Life is a weary burden to a person of broken health. The richest man with bad health always suffers and groans. He is unhappy in spite of his great wealth.
What is Health? – Meaning
Health is a state when the body is free from any diseases or injury, and the mind is free of worry and anxiety.
- physical fitness of the body,
- developed muscles,
- a fair amount of endurance,
- being strong and robust,
- the ability to make physical and mental effort for a long time,
- energy and vitality to do stay active,
- a good temperament and common sense as well.
The importance of good health
Good health is very important because a person of good health can put through a large amount of work in a short time.
A person of perfect health does not shirk his duties. He can work properly and leaves nothing undone. As a student, he shines in his examinations. As a public worker, he renders valuable service and is duly rewarded.
The cultivator generally enjoys excellent health. He works in the field year in and year out and produces plentiful crops.
A sound mind in a sound body is a very popular and wise saying. A person in the pink of health enjoys all the good things of life. He finds vigor and strength to do his work. He relishes the food he takes. He feels life in every limb.
He keeps a cheerful temper and goes through life’s journey with joy.
The vitality and energy of a healthy person always make him feel intensely that he is living. Air, sky, work, food, clothes, games, social work, entertainment – everything gives him delight. He regards life as a solid, pleasant, unique gift of God.
Therefore, good health is a priceless blessing in life. The famous saying ‘Health is Wealth‘ highlights the importance of good health in our life.
Also read: Short Paragraph on Importance of Good Health
Top ways to maintain good health
1. Physical exercise: Good health can be gained and preserved by plenty of exercise in the open air. They may take exercise in any gymnasium regularly. However, too much of exercise is bad and harmful. Physical exercise should be taken regularly and only for a short period.
2. Early morning walk: We should get up early and take a brisk walk.
3. Play: Younger men may play football or cricket and any outdoor game. They may swim or row boats.
4. Balanced diet: Our diet should be balanced. We should take proper food. Ordinary, food that we take is enough for health, if we take it fresh and in proper quantity. Too much eating in extremely bad for health. The food that we eat is to be taken in regular hours. Another important thing about food is that we should not bolt our meals. Food taken hurriedly is not well digested.
5. Proper rest and sleep: Another thing about health is that we should rest and sleep in time. Early to bed and early to rise is the golden rule of health. A person, who labors too hard may ruins health soon.
6. Keep anxieties away: The essential thing for staying in good health is to free the mind from cares and anxieties as far as possible. A care-worn man cannot enjoy his rest or sleep soundly at night.
A healthy person can reasonably be proud of his possession. The healthy person, even if he is a man of moderate means, can find pleasure in ordinary activities like walking and sports. When health is impaired men have to spend a lot of money in order to recover it. For a ‘change’ they go to hilly or sea-side resorts. They take costly tonics and capsules and injections. In these days the fee of a specialist doctor is also alarming. Loss of health can produce endless misery and make a young man feel like an over-aged one, ‘Sans teeth, sans taste, sans everything’.