‘Knowledge is power’ is a popular proverb. It means that knowledge is more powerful than physical strength and no great work can be done without knowledge.
Knowledge is a powerful factor that empowers people achieves great results. The more knowledge a person gains, the more powerful he becomes.
This proverb means that ‘true power comes from knowledge’. No individual or nation can prosper in life without knowledge. In sum, the proverb means that knowing things gives us power.
A knowledgeable person has the more power to foresee the future outcome, and he can respond in a way that brings him the desired outcome.
There is no end to knowledge. There is no limit to what a person can learn. Even big problems can be solved if we have the knowledge of solving it.
By knowledge of science man has conquered nature. Development is possible by knowledge and not by physical strength.
- A teacher without through knowledge cannot teach his student well.
- A student without any knowledge of his subject cannot pass the examination.
- A doctor without knowledge in surgery cannot be a successful doctor.
- A pleader without proper legal knowledge cannot argue well in favor of his client.
Also read: Importance of Knowledge in Life
Knowledge is considered superior to physical strength in gaining success. A society or community that is devoid of knowledge is considered backward, even if they are a physically strong group. Many physically powerful nations were defeated by nation having greater intelligence and knowledge.
However, the true power that comes from knowledge is not a negative kind of power that enables us to rule unjustly over the lives of others. Rather, it is a positive, peaceful kind of power: the power that comes from having a closer grasp of the truth, and of the reality of the world that we live in.
Knowledge helps human beings to utilize the various forces of nature for the benefit of humanity. The rise of human beings as the most powerful living-beings on planet is only due to the knowledge and the proper application of knowledge.
Knowledge plays a vital role in every sphere of human life and activity. Knowledge has helped in the advancement and development of civilization and culture. The application of knowledge has led man to the path of progress. We can all benefit from learning new things.
The importance of the proverb:
- Study: the proverb motivates us to study and acquire knowledge.
- Education: education is life long.
- True power: real power comes from being educated and knowledgeable, not from violence or controlling others.
- The joys of learning: this proverb encapsulates the joy inherent in learning new things.
Knowledge is power because it helps us to think for ourselves. When we know all of the relevant facts about a given matter, we are able to make our own autonomous judgements about that matter without having to rely on what other people tell us to think.
Contributors: (1) Kiran, (2) Laura.