Science and Technology – Short Essay 1.
Science and technology is one of the key aspects of the advancement of the world and evolution. Science on its own has its various applications so also does technology.
The two aspects, science and technology, each have significantly helped in our day to day activities, long disease free lives and as an avenue for ease of stress.
The main aim of both science and technology is to help in the improvement and advancement of society.
Science has come a long way in the history of the world. One of the aspects we know of is discovering the evolution of man. Science has greatly helped in granting people answers to everyday questions and also offering solutions to a lot of problems that we encounter every day. For example, there is the emergence of various vaccines, antidotes, medicine that science has helped to uncover all over the world. Previously, there were a lot of diseases and epidemics that claimed a lot of lives. Not only the lives of people, but also the lives of various livestock. Nowadays, science is still put to work in our everyday lives and still being used to combat a lot of diseases and viruses that are out there. Science is also the major factor helping in technological advancement.
In total actuality, we can bring into account that science, technology and advancement are proportional to each other. The advancement of technology arrives when there are breakthroughs in the world of science. A lot of inventions have been created to ease the workload that burdens the man. A major example are machines; these help in making a lot of work and tasks easier also helping an employer to lessen the amount of losses that will be made paying money to manual labour and this helps because also, the machines are highly efficient and cost effective.
Science and technology actually also define the state of a nation in terms of advancement. Some nations are considered to be backward if they do not have the required or up to date means of science and technology and they resort to using archaic means. Nowadays, a lot if not all of the people rely on science and technology daily. This ranges from communication, transportation, various forms of entertainment and healthcare. All improvements that we experience, it is heavily dependent on science and technology.
By Ananda (2019)
Science and Technology – Short Essay 2
Science and Technology is the basis of modern civilization. The age in which we live can rightly be called the age of science and technology.
The progress of science and technology has made many useful achievements in every field of our life.
In everyday life, we enjoy various gifts of science and technology that have made our life more easy and comfortable than before.
- The morning newspaper which brings to us all important news of the whole world is a product of science.
- For our daily comforts science has given us the electric light, the electric fan, the refrigerator and the electric oven.
- Science and technology has made our means of communication and transport very easy. Buses, trains, ships and Aero-planes uses advanced technologies and carry us to distant places for more quickly.
- Newer technologies help us in taking out all the minerals liker coal, iron, gold, diamond and mica from the science.
- Introduction of latest technology in the works of cultivation by the scientific methods have greatly increased the production of crops.
- Science and technology also provides us with the some means of amusement like radio, television and video that entertains us.
- Many life giving medicines that cure our diseases are also the gift of science.
- Now satellites are sent to the sky to bring many information of the outer space.
- Man has even been able to set foot on the moon and know many things about other planets.
All the above wonders have been possible only due to development of science and technology.
But science and technology has also been abused by many people. The gross use of science and technology for destructive purposes has twined it to a curse. Deadly scientific weapons like atom and hydrogen bombs, missiles can destroy the whole world in a moment.
Atomic energy can be used effectively for constructive purposes. It can turn a desert into a fertile land. It can also be used in curing some incurable diseases, if scientific research is properly made in this respect.
Thus, science and technology can make the human civilization perfect in all respect.
By Prakash (2015)