Education is an important medium of acquiring skills and knowledge. Our education begins at home. Thereafter, as we grow we go to kindergarten, schools, colleges and other educational institutes.
Education bring positive changes in human life. It enhances the knowledge, skill, and intelligence of a person and enables him to lead a successful life.
Child education: Children or kids start going to school to get the primary or elementary education. It is considered a human right for every child to get the opportunity for education. School education lays the foundation stone for the child’s future.
Education of both boys and girls are equally important. A girl child, too, has the right to go to schools. Her rights to access education should not be compromised at any cost.
Education at colleges, universities and professional institutes: After completing education at schools, a student may consider joining a college, or a professional institute for higher studies. He can acquire a bachelors or a master’s degree, or he can join a professional institute to acquire expertise in specific discipline.
Adult literacy: Illiteracy is a social evil. An illiterate person finds it very difficult to cope up with various aspects of life that involves reading writing or arithmetical calculations. Nowadays, adult men and women are going to education centers to learn the basics of education. These adults also get health and hygiene related education.
Women education: Educating women is an essential step towards strengthening the position of women in the society. A modern educated woman give due importance to her social life as well. Education broadens her outlook. It helps in developing her personality.
Self-education: Self-education refers to the knowledge and skills acquired independent of any teacher’s supervision. Self-education can be done with or without the formal education that people get at schools, and universities. Thus, it can both be complimentary or supplementary to formal education, depending on the way the student is conducting his study on a subject or branch.
Advantages of education
- Education makes us humble. Education creates awareness and expands our vision. We become more aware about ourself, about the society, about everything that surrounds and affect our life.
- It helps us develop a disciplined life. And, discipline is essential for everything that a person wants to achieve in life.
- An educated person commands respect in the society.
- Education enables us to earn our livelihood. Education empowers us to get a good job. We need money to make our living. With the advancement of science and technology, our needs have increased. Besides the basic needs of life such as food, shelter and clothing, we also need other comforts such as mobile phones, air-conditioners, car, etc. A fulfilling career ensures a satisfied life.
- It is a known fact that an educated person gets better earning opportunities. After completing education, we can consider starting your own business. We can also become a consultant in the area of our expertise.
- The study of computer science, software, and information technology will empower us to make a choice in the field of fast growing IT and internet industry.
- We can help illiterate adults to learn the basic skills of reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Education is the key to gender equality and women empowerment. Educated women are self-dependent, and looked upon with dignity. They are aware of their social, and economic rights. Further, they can teach their children and help them in their studies.
- Education helps in fighting against human rights violations. It helps in getting rid of social problems such as child labour, and child marriage. Education is a fundamental right and every child deserves to get the opportunity for education.
Education is of utmost importance for eradicating the unemployment problem of our country. It is also essential to improve the trade and commerce, and to bring prosperity to our country. However, apart from an improved system of general education, there is a great need for the growth of vocational education.
A student must be familiar with the history, geography, religion, culture and tradition, through general education. Therefore, general education should aim at educating all students up to the secondary standard. Thereafter, depending upon the aptitude of the student, he should either opt for advanced academic education or join a vocational training institute for skill-based training.