Television (TV) is a wonderful invention of modern science. It has both advantages and disadvantages. They are each discussed below in points.
What are the advantages of watching TV?
1. We can watch news channels to know the present affairs of the around the world. Nowadays, there are also large number of regional news channels.
2. Our children can learn moral lessons in a fun way by watching special episodes meant for children.
3. The television shows, music, video-songs, live matches, etc. are sources of our entertainment.
4. We can learn to make our favorite dishes by watching cooking episodes.
5. The tele-shopping channels offer many bargain deals.
6. We become aware of the present socio-economic condition of our country and of our world.
7. We can follow the latest trend by watching the fashion and modelling shows.
8. The spiritual shows build our character.
9. We can keep ourselves updated about the stock market.
What are the disadvantages of watching TV?
1. When we watch too much of TV shows, our eyes get tired.
2. Television creates too much sound. Our mind gets cluttered with those sounds.
3. Many Television shows are considered indecent for kids and children.
4. We often compromise our sleeping hours to watch our favorite TV serial.
5. Our favorite actors are often shown consuming alcohol or smoking a cigarette. Young people often get negatively inspired to intake these harmful substances.
6. Too much of watching TV may distract us from our true motive in life.
7. Very often, we are lured to buy unnecessary thing from Tele shopping channels.
8. Watching TV for long period is may result in wastage of our time.
9. Many advertisements appear on the television. Sometimes, if we cannot afford an advertised item, it may leave a sense on unfulfillment in our heart.