A school library is a place in the school where vast collections of academic books are kept. These books are made available to the students to increase their knowledge and understanding on various subjects. A school library plays a great role in the life of a student.
It is the store house of knowledge. In a library, students can find books on various subjects such as history, geography, environment, political science, literature, etc.
A school library exhibits positive impact on the academic achievement of the student. Students can perform better during examination by reading various books.
Please find below the top 10 reasons why libraries are very important in schools:
- A school library is meant to supports the students in their studies.
- Students can burrow books and take them home for further study.
- Apart of text books, students often need reference books to prepare notes.
- The mind of the students gets broadened and he commands better grasp over the subject. He starts to think in a new dimension altogether.
- Since the environment at the school library is peaceful, students can study at the library without any disturbances. Library is an appreciable place for studies and mental development.
- In schools, students are often given tasks to finish after school hours. A student can visit the school-library and finish those tasks.
- A student can develop his literary skills by reading rare books of literature.
- The academic magazines and periodicals keep the student aware of the latest development around the world.
- A library opens a world of wisdom for the student. A student can build his confidence by going through the books of his interest.
- A school library promotes building a knowledge-driven community for the future.