Cleanliness – Short Paragraph 1.
It is rightly said ‘cleanliness is next to godliness.’ Cleanliness means keeping our body, mind and everything around us clean. This is a good habit. It should be cultivated from early life.
Cleanliness refers to the habitual acts of keeping the dirt away, to maintain good health, following both personal and environmental hygiene practices. In simple words, it refers to the state of being clean.
Cleanliness of body is essential for good health. It is said that dirt and disease always go together. So for keeping good health we should have regular bath, we should clean our body, clothes and surroundings. We should also avoid dirty food.
People of clean habits are liked by all. All dislike and avoid dirty people. Their dirty habits spread the germs of disease. Cleanliness of the body brings about the purity of mind. A neat and clean body with a clean mind is the abode of god.
How to maintain cleanliness? – Short Paragraph 2.
- We should always throw waste in the dustbin. Besides making the roads dirty, these wastes also creates the problem of water logging. Water logging makes the place dirty. There arises hygiene and sanitation issues.
- We should keep the dirt away.
- We should keep clean the place where potable water is stored.
- Cooked food should be kept covered.
- We should keep the water bodies free from pollutants.
- We should keep environment clean, and never do such things that pollutes or contaminates environment.
- We should wash clothes with good detergent and wear washed clothes every day.
- We should take shower both in the morning and at night.
- We should clean homes daily, especially the floors.
- The public areas such roads, parks, railway stations, etc., should be kept clean.
- We should wash our hands before and after having food.
- We should use a hand sanitizer before and after touching patients at hospitals.
- We should clean washroom regularly and use separate slippers for washroom.
- We should have separate wardrobe for shoes, and never carry dirty shoes inside our rooms.
- Before retiring to sleep, we should wash our face, hands, and legs to let go the dirt.
Importance of cleanliness – Short Paragraph 3.
Cleanliness is next to Godliness. It is important to be clean as it not only help to show someone as pure physically but also shows that one has a clean mind.
It is important to maintain cleanliness as it helps one to gain respect from others. When one is clean, those around them are able to see them as respectable people.
When one is clean, they are able to concentrate better in their activities. This is because their minds are left fresh.
Cleanliness also helps one to maintain better health. They are able to remain healthy by avoiding illnesses that may be caused by dirt.
When people ensure that the environment is clean, they are able to save the earth from pollution that has adverse effects.
A clean person also helps to maintain good hygiene. Hygiene and neatness helps to maintain a healthy body and reduce exposure to germs.
Conclusion: When one is clean, they are able to live healthy and be neat. Many benefits are associated with cleanliness which is why everyone should strive to maintain a clean body and mind.
Contributors: (1) Nikhil Mehta, (2) Mary.