Introduction: Juvenile Delinquency is a social evil of our times. It refers to the crimes done by the teenagers.
Such crimes are so alarmingly on the rise that government machinery and the people have sat up and taken notice.
The enlightened section of society holds that if the rot is not tackled in time, it would eat into the vitals of social structure.
This social malady originates mainly from the dismal poverty that has been plaguing the country for some decades. Hunger knows no law. All practices and rules for decent living are meaningless to the starving man.
Besides our administrative heads and bureaucracy that stand accused of corruption have encouraged erosion of moral values. It is anybody’s guess what signals our corrupt officials give to the young generation.
TV serials with crime scenes too encourage budding criminals.
- Poverty eradication programs should be taken up in right earnest.
- Education programmes should be made popular.
- Effort should be made to inculcate moral values among all the sections of the society.
- The human-rights laws should be enforced.
- The teenagers and young people should be treated with love so that they don’t feel themselves to be a deprived section of the society.