Role and Importance of Students in Society
Students must realize the importance of the relationship between an individual and the society. Man is belongs to a society, and students are an important part of it. Students cannot live in complete isolation from the community-life.
Even a school going student is bound to have links with other people who together form a society.
Students can play an important role in improving and strengthening the society. The simple fact is that united we stand, and divided we fall. The society is the manifestation of that united existence, and the students are part of the society. So, men and women of all ages and professions should do their best to serve the society.
Studying is the main occupation of students. But, being youthful and energetic, they can engage themselves in various forms of social work in their spare time, and in moments of crisis.
- Students should take an active role in literacy campaigns.
- They can teach the illiterate to read and write.
- They should be enthusiastic about opening blood donation camps, founding gymnasiums, blind schools, health centers, libraries, etc. Such enterprises benefit a large number of people, and help in maintaining the society in a good condition.
- Funds can be raised through subscriptions, lottery, and through government help. Students, urged by the spirit of social welfare, can also arrange for charity shows to raise the necessary funds.
- It is the students who should undertake the responsibility of fighting anti-social activities of a few corrupt people.
- They must solemnly vow to eradicate drugs and drinks from their localities.
- Whenever there is a general crisis like the outbreak of malaria, or floods or earthquakes, students are expected to come to the aid of the distressed.
The students of today lays the foundation stone of future society. The society should give students the love and encouragement due to them, and see that their studies are not unduly hampered.