Horse – Short Essay 1.
The horse is one of the types of Aqua Ferris. It is an animal that symbolizes strength. It is also an animal known for the beauty of its movements.
Horse is a quadruped like most other animals. It’s a brilliant, friendly and domestic animal. Its evolution took place from past years. Domestication of this animal started 4000 BC, and it gets famous by 3000 BC. Some of the types of horses are also wild and live in forests and green meadows. A specialized vocabulary for horse anatomy is present in which its color, cast, type, and other stuff is mentioned.
Anatomy: The sense of balance and fight or flight response of this creature is much heightened. Saddle or harness nature of the horses are trained from the age of 2-4 years. They are fully developed by five years, and horses have a total lifespan of 25-30 years.
Uses of a Horse
- Transport: Since historical times horses have been used as a means of transport. Before automobiles came into existence, horses were used either directly for riding or attached to a cart or a carriage to carry multiple people along. In that case, two horses usually pulled the carriages. Carrying heavy loads was also a function of these carriages. With the automobiles coming into the picture, the use of horses for transporting has gone down.
- Races: Horses are now used for races as a way of gambling. People bet on horses, and the winning horse takes the winning amount. Pedigree horses like the Arabian horses are very much in demand, and their upkeep is a premium affair.
- Farms: Horse riding is even now a favorite hobby, and people keep horses on their farms for riding. Foals, when they grow up are ‘broken in’ that is, trained for riding on. Black beauty is a popular story about a horse on a farm.
- Sports: Equestrian sports are quite popular, and horses undergo training alongside the rider to be able to participate in equestrian events like riding, polo, etc. in sports events like the Olympics.
Types of Breeds
Horses are divided into different breeds by their temperament.
- Hot Bloods: have high speed and endurance.
- Cold blood: they are suitable for low speed, g. draft horses and ponies.
- Warmbloods: They are created by the crosses between hot and cold blood.
So the horse is considered a very faithful and a useful animal. One can trust him, and he is wise, unlike donkey.
Horse – Short Essay 2
Introduction: Horse is a very powerful animal. They have proved to be a good companion and friend of man. It is so graceful, so useful, so swift, so energetic and so devoted to its master.
The history of domestication of horses is as old as 5000 years. In history, great heroes are inseparable from their favorite horses. Thus, we have Alexander and his Bucephalus, and Rana Pratap and his Chaitak.
Scientific Name: The scientific name of horse is Equus caballus.
Life expectancy: The horse attains adulthood at around the age of 5. The average life expectancy of a horse is in between 25 to 30 years.
Description of body: From its head to the tips of its hairy tail, the body of the horse is symmetrical. It’s glossy skin is usually white or black or maroon in color. The flowing mane on its long neck is especially attractive.
Qualities: The horse can run very fast, turn quickly in any way, and easily jump over small streams and fords, and a wall five feet high. They are very faithful to their master. Gone are the heroic days when horses played a major role during warfare. But even now cavalry regiments are found.
The power of an automobile engine and an electrically operated motor is measured in terms of horse power. Its hoofs, especially when they are shod with iron, make an unmistakable rhythmic noise as it gallops on.
They can sleep both while standing and lying down. The sleep several times at intervals during the day.
Food: The simple food of the horse consists of things like grass, hay, gram, and oats.
Uses: They were an important Means of transportation before the advent of cycles, and motor vehicles. Even today, people use horses to carry goods from one place to another.
They are used by farmers in ploughing the field. Occasionally, the army and the police are seen riding on horses.
Benefits of Horse riding: Horse-riding is a healthy exercise. Horse-racing is at the same time a unique form of entertainment, a sport, and a gamble of the largest scale. The understanding between a horse and his jockey is truly remarkable.
Conclusion: Horses are a social being. The horse is loved and looked upon by men of all countries all over the world.