Science – Short Essay 1.
Science is the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and the laws of nature with thorough experiment and practical observation. Science is divided into three branches: Natural sciences, Social sciences, Formal sciences.
When we talk about Science, it is a broad subject of discussion. It was what helps human beings to mold this present world into we live in. Science has helped a lot in human development, and it’s even the key to human developments.
Science has brought so many of the things in the purview of rational understanding and explanation.
Science and rationality
Science has made it possible to find an explanation for most things that take place around us. In ancient times, people were being taken advantage of their ignorance by those who had even a bit of grasp over the laws of science. People’s fears were manipulated into an advantage for the unscrupulous elements. Science has largely eliminated that harassment.
Science and information
Science has made information so easy that it is realistically available at one’s fingertips. It is easily exchanged within seconds and globally available as well as accessible.
Blessings of Science
- The study of science helps to read, study and understand the earth and other planetary bodies.
- The knowledge of science helps to study our planet earth. To know when and where precipitation will occur, to study climate change, to predict, mitigate and escape natural disasters, etc.
- It shapes the development of human being in many ways like innovations. Innovations come about with the help of Science. Machines invented helps to carry out more tedious work without consuming much time and energy. An invention of home appliances. Fertilizers for farming and mechanization. Improvements in the health system. Weapon and artilleries for the military. Advance learning system — dissemination of Information.
Science is one of the crucial aspects of human life. It creates immensely in our ways of life both the natural and social sciences. It’s what help to shape the present world we live in. With the ease that we move around in life today, what else can we call science but a blessing!
Science – Short Essay 2.
Science refers to the systematic discipline which creates and arranges knowledge in explanations as well as predictions that can be put to the test.
The medieval traces of science was in Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt more than 3000 years ago.in the modern day’s science as a discipline is classified into three branches which are chemistry biology and physics.
The objectives of science are to understand the underlying laws governing the workings of our Universe so that we can utilize them to better our human lives.
Science of Physics
The science of Physics involves the study of the physical world around us. The states of matter: solid, liquid, gas; the way things move, the earth, the planets, the laws of gravity, electromagnetics, etc. – all these are studied in the Science of Physics.
Science of Biology
The science of Biology involves the study of all life forms in our Universe. This involves the study of plants, trees, animals, birds, microorganisms, fish, reptiles, etc. The laws of life and death and the processes of sustenance of all life are studied in this scientific domain.
Science of Chemistry
The science of Chemistry involves the study of all the chemical composition of the entire existence around us. This involves the chemical composition of the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink, of the plants, trees, the human body, etc. This is important to understand and utilize various resources for improving human life.
Science of Sports
Science in sports involves the understanding of the various mechanism that can help you perform better and more efficiently at your sports activity.
Importance of science to human-beings
Science is a very critical area that provides people with a lot of possibilities. For example, by learning and engaging in scientific experiments, one acquires life skills such as decision making and cognitive skills. Science enables people to get solutions to practical problems which they could be facing. Science also helps people deal with impending natural calamities such as floods through the prior construction of dams.
Science has beyond any reasonable doubt made a lot of contributions to many sectors of life of modern man. Scientific inventions in the field of Medicine have helped in saving the lives of many people. This is because more vaccines are introduced as well as tools and equipment which detect diseases such as Cancer and Kidney failure. Other scientific innovations have been witnessed in the field of Agriculture where the quality of animals and crops are greatly improved through research.
Overall, science as a discipline has changed how the world looks. Through science, people can live better lives by making use of the numerous inventions brought about by science. Study of science forms an integral part of all life activities. Science helps us to improve our efficiency and productivity in life.
Science – Short Essay 3.
Science is the study of any phenomenon or thing that can be observed and recorded. The data about that thing or phenomenon can be organised systematically in predefined rules.
Science is everywhere around us. We have only just begun to understand the laws and the principles that govern the working of the world around us in a way that can be explained in rational terms.
Everything that can be explained logically can be called science. In the ancient times since science was found to be explaining a lot of events that were considered miracles of god, Christianity was against it. It put an end to beliefs such as the human evolution, the earth being the centre of the universe etc. Today the life of comforts and ease that we live is all thanks to science.
Importance of science in our life
- Science brings in logic and rationality to all that happens around us. Rather than live in a state of predictions and anticipation, we can be fairly certain about how the morrow will unfurl.
- Medical Science has helped us understand the working of the human body. This has enabled the medical studies that discover treatments making advancements on quality of life.
- The industrial world is completely based on the principles of science.
- Modern transport too is a gift of science whether it is on water, land or air; and these are becoming more and more advanced with the passing of years.
- Building science has brought to us buildings that are using better resources and making them safer especially in areas prone to earthquakes, floods, volcanoes etc.
- Information Technology as a science is making exchange of information very easy and efficient, through the medium of internet and computers.
- Veterinary science is helping animals in having a better life. They can be treated, cured and given a better illness free life.
- Agricultural science is helping human kind grow more food and better quality of crops and yielding a larger crop.
- Nutritional science is making ways in the world of food by pointing out the foods important for our well-being.
- Science helps in finding innovative tools for clothing by an advancement on sewing machines, looms etc.
- Electronics and telecommunication is a very important contribution of science. That we can so easily communicate from one part of the world to another so seamlessly is nothing less than a wonder.
- Electricity has made our life easy in countless ways right from extending our day by the light sources and fans, refrigerators, music etc. Almost every modern equipment runs on electricity.
- Science has helped us increase security. Surveillance cameras, drones, alarm systems etc. make the security system tighter.
- Science has provided us with better roads to travel on.
- Books written can be easily printed to make numerous copies available for everyone’s enjoyment.
- The music systems and recording systems make sure that good music lives on by having multiple copies available.
- Identification of a person based on biometrics has been made possible by science.
- Automation in factories including the traditional food and other industries has made food availability easier.
- Satellites have made weather prediction very easy thereby making planning for travel, crops etc. also easy.
Science has such an important place in our lives. Without that we would still be living the life of the early man. Science allows for replication of inventions and discoveries by recognising the principles and laws of nature and giving them the due place in furthering the advancement of the human race.