Importance of Sports in Our Life – Essay 1.
Sports are a very important part of our life. It is in fact the most technical part in giving us our identity. In this day and age, many people have earned themselves titles and awards owing from their performance in different levels of international sports.
Some of the famous sporting activities include football, athletics, tennis, hockey, cricket and many more. Sports are a fundamental part of the lives of millions of men and women all over the world.
Sports helps build talent and hobbies so that the people can be better at delivering them for personal and professional purposes.
Sports also serve as a good leisure activity meant to relieve one from physical and emotional stress hence a healthy living.
It is a means to achieve physical exercise which is good for the body’s growth and development, hence a healthy living as calories and fats are burnt.
Through sports, people have established their careers as professional men and women in particular sports like athletes who are paid for their ability to do well in particular sports.
Sports are also used for promotional purposes where different brands use sports as a platform to market and advertise themselves.
Sports are a country’s brand. Different countries have been known for particular sports like for instance the Republic of India is known for cricket, Brazil for football and Kenya for athletics. Sports are in this way a special kind of signature and this helps in the preservation of the culture of that country.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of Sports in Our Life – Essay 2.
Taking part in various sports activities is important in ensuring that one is able to reap the benefits that come with it. There are various sports activities that one can take part in to ensure that they are able to lead healthier and more active lives.
Importance of sports
- Sports help to reduce the levels of stress. They help one to deviate away from other things that nay be stressing them in life they are able to focus on having fun playing their favorite sport for some time.
- Sports also help towards the development of a healthier body. This is because playing offers some form of exercise as it is a physical activity.
- Taking part in sports also helps one to gain more toned muscles and healthier bones. This helps one to reduce complications that are associated with weak muscles and bones.
- Sports also help in improving one’s cooperation skills. Most of the sports activities involve on becoming part of a team which requires one to cooperate to ensure the success of their team.
- Sports also help in improving one’s social skills. By playing, one gets to interact with various people who are also engaging in the sport.
- Taking part in sport activities regularly reduces the chances of one becoming obese. Playing helps one to get rid of excess fat and calories which have accumulated in the body.
- Sports also help to improve the levels of sleep. The physical activity involved enables one to get a good rest and sleep which is important towards developing a healthier body.
Taking part in sports is beneficial to everyone. It is important for one to ensure that they become actively and regularly involved at least in one sport to ensure that they are both physically and mentally fit.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of Sports in Student Life- Essay 3.
Sports refer to activities that constitute the exertion of physical energy as well as skill. In sports, an individual is expected to challenge another person or a team challenging another team. One team is always expected to win, mostly the better one. The main goal of sports is entertainment.
Importance of sports in education
- Sports provide entertainment and in this way provide a distraction therefore taking people from the worries of the world momentarily.
- It also brings people together irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds or age. In times of sports, people come together for the purpose of fun and enjoyment.
- Sports open the mind of students to being susceptible to new ideas. Students consciously or unconsciously let go of mental hurdles and are open to learning.
- Sports provide mental and physical therapy for learners and rejuvenate them in these parameters so that they can be in the best mental and physical position to be educated.
- It serves as a means through which teachers and students can bond. Normally there is tension in the teacher-student relationship. Sports ease this tension and make their interaction friendly.
- It also fosters the spirit of competition among learners and enhances the spit of winning as the learners are driven by the spirit to win in any sport.
Sports are one of the things in life that cuts across the confines of gender. Male and female all take part in sports and the law in all countries of the world stands against the discrimination to participate in sports because the value of sports is appreciated.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of Sports in Our Life – Essay 4.
Introduction: A healthy nation is always a wealthy nation. Therefore, it is necessary to put emphasis on sports.
One can think of a healthy mind only in a healthy body. Both physical and mental well being are the prerequisites of great achievements in man’s life.
History shows that young men who excelled in the field in sports could prove their worth in the battlefield as valiant soldiers in later life and get the laurels of victory.
What is sports? Sports is a category that covers numerous different activities. Many sports involve high degrees of physical activity (for instance, running or rugby) whilst others focus more on strategy and mental exertion (for example, chess is considered to be a sport).
Some types of sport involve playing in a team (such as football) whilst others do not (for example, running). Sports can be played for fun, or (as Olympic athletes do) at a professional level.
Necessity of sports: Sports have their great utility.
- Sports are the sources of recreation. They provide relief and a sense relaxation in a life of monotony of routine marked by miseries, hardships and hurdles.
- They instill or infuse a sportive spirit to take up the heavy burden of life in a lighter vein and not to think of life either as a tragedy or a comedy but as the ordinary business of living.
- It is very essential to maintain health and physical fitness.
- It encourages the growth of team-spirit.
- Sports and games bring about various methods of diversions.
- Sports help in improving the cognitive function of the brain.
- In sports, players need to make fast calculated decisions. Hence, it infuses a person with the ability of decision making.
Incorporating some sport into our lives is so important because it helps us to stay active and it connects us with other sport lovers across the world. Sports foster a real sense of community and they help us to achieve our personal best every time, no matter if we are just doing them for fun as amateurs or if we are professional athletes.
Outdoor games: Among the outdoor games football, volley, cricket, basket ball and tennis etc. are very popular all over the world. Recently, World Cup Football Games were the focal point of attention for all sports lovers.
Gold and Table Tennis are played in many parts of the world. The Olympic Games, held with an interval of 4 years, foster the sense of oneness and the true sportive spirit among nations.
Students: It is argued that sports should be made compulsory right from the primary classes and form a part of educational curriculum.
Children from their start must realize the utility of sports and games. Drills and other methods of physical fitness should be introduced from the beginning by well trained teachers and coaches.
Educational value of sports: The necessity of sports is felt to be so great in life that there is ample justification for them to be introduced in the schools compulsorily.
- Sports and games impart a sense of discipline, fellow-feeling and togetherness.
- They teach the value of time and how it is important to note how a minute, a fraction of a minute and even of second decides the fate of a young sportsman in the field of competition.
- With proper training in sports and games, students become active, sportive, dashing, daring and adventurous capable of meeting the challenges in future life.
- Sports and games are the right avenues to channelize the energy and vitality of students and make their leisure hours worthwhile.
- The spirit of competition is inculcated in most cases by sports and games.
- The greatest educational value of the sports and games is to provide stimulation for study and for hard work.
Conclusion: It is not the sound and the fury that counts but effort in the right direction to make a mark. Keeping this in view, it is high time that we spot out our sports talents and provide all necessary facilities to train them properly so as to enable them to compete with world champions with no feelings of diffidence.
By Aditi (2015)
Edited with inputs from various contributors.