Natural Resources – Essay
Natural resources are separate entities. They exist naturally in nature, and humans don’t play any role in their existence or creation.
Natural resources are classified in many different forms. Almost everything that a human creates is made up of natural resources. This is the basis of life.
Scientists have different theories regarding it. Life started with the support of these natural resources before human intelligence figured out a supplementing of these.
Natural resources for nourishment
Nature has provided us with enough food for sustenance. Apart from food grains and pules, there are fruits and vegetables, different dairy products also come from nature. Human beings apart all species are nourished directly by nature.
Natural resources and energy
In nature, there are many sources of energy available to be used by humans. Starting from wood for fire, wind, the sunlight is energy sources. Human beings have found resources like oil and coal too to work for them to create energy. By turning a rotor, the rivers and waterfalls too can be made to generate energy.
Natural resources and medicine
Nature also has provided us with resources that can heal directly or with some form of processing. Barks of the neem tree and sandalwood tree, herbs like turmeric and tulsi are by themselves capable of acting as medicines. The extracts from many other plants and trees are used in making medicine.
Examples of Natural resources:
- Magnetic force
- Electrical force
- Gravitational force
- Metal Ores.
Classification of Natural Resources:
If the origin is the basis then Natural resources have two types:
1. Biotic: These are obtained from the biosphere and the materials that can be obtained from it. Coal and petroleum are examples of it.
2. Abiotic: They come from non-living and non-organic materials. Examples are land, air, water, etc.
If the stage of development is considered then natural resources are classified in many types:
- Potential Resources: These are natural resources that can be used in the future like petroleum.
- Actual Resources: These resources are qualified and quantified. g., Wood processing.
- Reserve Resources: It’s part of a resource that can be used in the future.
- Stock Reserves: These are those types of natural resources which are very useful but cannot be used for lack of technology, g. hydrogen.
Most natural resources are non-renewable, and that’s why scientists are in a quest of finding and exploring them every day. It means once they are used, they are gone. Nature has provided us with bountiful resources, and we must use these natural resources with gratitude and responsibility.