Distribution of Rainfall in India
The distribution of rainfall in India is as follows:
1. Rainfall is over 200 cm in South-west Assam, the mountainous of the Eastern and North-Eastern India excluding Manipur, areas flanking the Mahabar and Konkan Coast.
2. The whole of West Bengal (excluding Darjeeling hills and Duars), Bihar, Orissa, Eastern Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, Eastern and Northern Uttar Pradesh, East Coastal Area of Tamil Nadu, the Southern Himachal Pradesh, and the South-Western Jammu and Kashmir have rainfall between 100 and 200 cm.
3. The areas having rainfall between 60 and 100 cm are the whole of Tamil Nadu excluding the coastal area, the Western and Central parts of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra excluding the coastal areas, the major part of Karnataka, the Eastern parts of Gujarat, Haryana and the Punjab, Western part of Uttar Pradesh and Central parts of Kashmir.
4. Rainfall is between 40 and 60 cm in East Rajasthan, Central parts of Maharashtra and Karnataka, Western Gujarat and parts of Kashmir.
5. Rajasthan and North-West Kashmir have rainfall less than 20.