Poverty in India- Essay 1.
Poverty basically means a condition where a person does not have the amenities or money to provide for basic needs. The basic needs are food, clothes, medicine, and shelter. Poverty also doesn’t possess meaning to just one thing. There are different areas of poverty.
It is one of the bigger challenges in many developing countries across the world, including India. The government policies are usually focused on alleviating poverty and eventually eradicating it.
Causes of Poverty
There are various causes of poverty in India. They range from a person being unable to have the means to generate money for themselves leading to them not being able to buy the basic amenities needed. There are instances where infants are born then discarded and they start to fend for themselves from an early age, and that might result in them not making any headway in life and leaving them in poverty.
Effects of poverty
Poverty leads to bad health. Poverty is a major factor of bad health because people below the poverty line cannot even have access to Healthcare because they can’t afford it.
Also, as there are advancements in society, the cost of products is on the rise, and poor people cannot afford them especially food items leading to hunger and starvation. There have been some instances of food riot in some countries because of increase in prices of food.
Poverty by itself means the inability of that proportion of the population is sustaining hardships and deprivation. Malnutrition gives rise to many diseases, and a high incidence of poverty brings down the health profile of an area.
Education, while by itself does not guarantee freedom from poverty, can certainly provide a better chance to step out of it. The government can help provide training to the less educated to adapt to some productive trade. There should be increased incentives for people who take any effort towards financial freedom. Short term loan to engage in properly investigated financial activities should be made easily available.
Attempts are being made to reduce and eliminate poverty as establishments are being created to provide for the less privileged people. It is indeed an unpleasant state to be in. Individuals and Governments must come together to find ways to find better solutions towards alleviating it.
By Teamwork (2019)
Short Essay on Poverty in India – 2
Poverty is one of the biggest problems that the country is having not from a few years but from the time of country’s existence. People in various communities and religions suffer a lot because they don’t get their deserved jobs and due to that reason, they don’t get enough money to feed their families. The government has taken a lot of steps to make sure that poverty in India gets decreased.
If a survey gets organized at the current time, it will get noticed that a large percentage of people belong to the community which is very poor.
Here are some probable solutions to enhance the lifestyle of all the poor people in the country:
- The education system of India should get organized in such a way that all the rich and the poor people should study in the same manner and due to the lack of money, the poor people should not lag behind. Some special schools and colleges should get open for the underprivileged to make sure that they also get taught what all the other categories do get taught.
- A lot of new factories and industries should get open in the country which will create more jobs and hence all the poor people who are well educated, can get to work easily by doing jobs at such factories or any other industries.
- The poor people should get taught about opening various kinds of small level businesses. It is very visible that people from various villages are doing their best to open their small businesses and they are earning quite well from it. For example, if a tailor who has the talent to sew any kind of material, opens a shop and markets about I well in the village and other nearby areas, he will surely get more income than he could ever desire.
- All the upper-grade categories have the benefit of a lot of things in the country. For example, there isn’t any electricity issue in most of the big houses; however, if you go to any village, you will find out that a lot of houses don’t even have proper electricity to study or prepare for other things. The upper-grade people should try to help the people from lower grade in every way possible so that the country should start getting called a developed instead of a developing country.
- Educating people is the key to success for a lot of problems and if we can educate all the poor people about how they can earn money by educating themselves or by learning new skills etc. they will surely be able to earn more money than they have ever earned before.
These were a few key points that should be taken care of by the government to vanish the poverty in India. Poor people try their best to become rich, but they do not get their desired resources due to which they lag behind.
By Ananda (2019)